Author Topic: Anyone Using Civil 3D 2015?  (Read 25455 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Anyone Using Civil 3D 2015?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »
yeah, and here is the crazy part of the media request

First one had to option end for digital only

THEN

They switched it to digital ONLY, unless you then went and requested media?

... And even then, it still lists CD/DVD as the media you're requesting (even if they ship USB).
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 02:21:37 PM »
I then attempt to download by download manager, and it's downloading all 34.4GB of the clearly extracted installer, WTF? :-o  :realmad:
The download manager downloads and extracts the compressed files. So it's showing you the overall size of the extracted files, not necessarily what it is downloading. This method is quicker than downloading the files and extracting them yourself.

same applies,

however past version one could download and redistribute

now one can't
Really? I downloaded and copied to a USB hard drive. I have not yet tried to install on another PC from it though, that was going to be a project for next weekend.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 02:22:38 PM »
The Infrasctructure Design Suite 2015 is not in my subscription download center yet.

But I have a trial Civil 3D 2015 running. There is a lot of rubbish added but one thing I really do like: that Profiles are now connected to the Alignments at the geometry points instead of only the start point. Saves a lot of trouble.

Oh well, a few other things are nice as well.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 02:25:56 PM »
I then attempt to download by download manager, and it's downloading all 34.4GB of the clearly extracted installer, WTF? :-o  :realmad:
The download manager downloads and extracts the compressed files. So it's showing you the overall size of the extracted files, not necessarily what it is downloading. This method is quicker than downloading the files and extracting them yourself.

same applies,

however past version one could download and redistribute

now one can't
Really? I downloaded and copied to a USB hard drive. I have not yet tried to install on another PC from it though, that was going to be a project for next weekend.
let me know how that goes, I know one of the download methods (perhaps not through subscription center)
is set to deny install to anything other than the machine it was downloaded to (on)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 02:29:50 PM »
Just to vent they put The Infrasctructure Design Suite 2015 in our subscription center but we purchased Building Design and downloaded Infrasctructure Design suite to have to delete it and then download Building Design suite.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 02:38:50 PM »
I just request a disc/USB drive and while says it'll take several weeks, I've always received my copy within a week.

What's that cost (sorry, no longer logged in; just curious)?
free.

Good to know; never requested that option before.  :-)
I always request one to have a hard copy on a shelf, and just to have something tangible representing the thousands of dollars I didn't spend.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 02:55:21 PM »
I just request a disc/USB drive and while says it'll take several weeks, I've always received my copy within a week.

What's that cost (sorry, no longer logged in; just curious)?
free.

Good to know; never requested that option before.  :)
I always request one to have a hard copy on a shelf, and just to have something tangible representing the thousands of dollars I didn't spend.

X2  8)

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 03:30:46 PM »

Cheers, Jeff.  :-)

Well, I haven't tried to install this download on multiple PC yet either... If it doesn't work as Michael warned earlier, that will become necessary... Otherwise, I usually just build a deployment, or copy the installer itself to the network, and install or extract from there as needed.

Cheers

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 07:19:29 PM »
Did my install just moments ago.

The NEW default is the dark color scheme.  Which to me is a total waste of energy considering that
ALL the other dialogues and interface within remain the Light color scheme. 

To use a phrase "Lipstick on a Pig"

All the touted new features,  all I can say is MEH!

Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 07:31:19 PM »
Really I am Highly Un Impressed to the point of ridiculous!

It wont even let me use Hardware Acceleration with the same card that 2014 will let me.
What a swine!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 09:07:02 PM »
Really I am Highly Un Impressed to the point of ridiculous!

It wont even let me use Hardware Acceleration with the same card that 2014 will let me.
What a swine!

Stupid Autodesk, just stupid.

of the TWO  (2) video cards in the laptop, it chooses to associate itself with the LESSER powered one!

How idiotic, I mean really.

Turns out when I force it to use the BETTER video card it's happy to turn Hardware acceleration back on.  :ugly:

And then there are issues....just crap-tastic

and then one can not do the same level of performance tuning or detuning as the case may be from the options dialogue!  Perfect!

And still not impressed, I see exactly one (1) new sub assembly, the purpose of which one could easily live without.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:17:27 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 01:24:30 AM »
If you really wanted to make your self happy click on button on top right that and sign in.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 06:53:41 AM »
If you really wanted to make your self happy click on button on top right that and sign in.

Not taking the blue pill Morpheus.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 08:16:30 AM »
Out of curiosity, how many times did you get this dialog during your install yesterday?

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
... Or were you blessed to see this one at all?