Author Topic: Anyone Using Civil 3D 2015?  (Read 25548 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
Re: Anyone Using Civil 3D 2015?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2014, 02:12:42 AM »
That brings up another question though. Just how many support calls does Autodesk get in a given period of time?

Personally, I have never called them.

What is phone number I would to make a call.
Me too.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2014, 07:01:09 AM »
That brings up another question though. Just how many support calls does Autodesk get in a given period of time?

Personally, I have never called them.

What is phone number I would to make a call.
Me too.
DITTO
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2014, 08:57:31 AM »
A few observations after installing IDSP 2015 this morning....

Initial launch yielded the 'your graphics card does not meet the the recommended criteria' error message, despite hardware acceleration being enabled. That seems odd to me, as my new workstation's video card is a 3GB NVIDIA Quadro K4000, which Autodesk's website clearly shows as being both recommended, and certified... Exactly what criteria is my beast of a video card not meeting again?
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2014, 08:58:20 AM »
Next fail, is Autodesk's negative opt in for Desktop Analytics... It clearly states that you can disable it through the help menu, but there were no search results for "desktop analytics." For now, simply use the DESKTOPANALYTICS Command, and disable the checkbox... Not sure where this is stored in the registry yet, but when I do, I'm posting a routine to disabled it.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2014, 08:59:18 AM »
Aesthetically, I like the dark theme option; I wish it were complete of course, but I prefer a dark UI in any event.

Thankfully, all of my app icons use a transparent background, so there's no issue there; I just need to recompile my .NET assemblies for 2015, and publish updates to Autodesk Exchange.

I'm sure there will be more as I start using for production; especially interested to test drawing compatibility with 2014.  :evil:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »
A few observations after installing IDSP 2015 this morning....

Initial launch yielded the 'your graphics card does not meet the the recommended criteria' error message, despite hardware acceleration being enabled. That seems odd to me, as my new workstation's video card is a 3GB NVIDIA Quadro K4000, which Autodesk's website clearly shows as being both recommended, and certified... Exactly what criteria is my beast of a video card not meeting again?

Yes but you notice they FAILED to update hardware list for 2015?

It is probably a drivers issue, I had to update mine TWICE!  Now using a BETA
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2014, 02:32:51 PM »
Aesthetically, I like the dark theme option; I wish it were complete of course, but I prefer a dark UI in any event.

Thankfully, all of my app icons use a transparent background, so there's no issue there; I just need to recompile my .NET assemblies for 2015, and publish updates to Autodesk Exchange.

I'm sure there will be more as I start using for production; especially interested to test drawing compatibility with 2014.  :evil:

The real test would be back and forth between 2015 >>>2013>>2014 and around
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2014, 04:09:16 PM »

The real test would be back and forth between 2015 >>>2013>>2014 and around

Yeah, I don't care that much... We have IDSP 2014 installed on all of our CAD workstations now, and I've installed IDSP 2015 on my own, so just curious to know if my working in 2015 (using the basic C3D components, probably not even pressure pipes) would cause an issue for daily production.  :-D

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2014, 07:55:58 AM »
At first I was undecided, now I am sure.

I truly dislike the 'fuzzy' graphics display of objects in 2015.

It's as if the quality of the graphics has been taken for a ride all the way back to 1989.
I could understand poor graphics then (not really), but for the graphics to have this 'fuzz' effect to them
it's pointless. Unless somehow they are trying to leverage some speed out of displaying stuff on the screen so poorly.
Even then it's pointless, why demand a quality graphics card in order to display poor graphics with it?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2014, 08:34:32 AM »
... why demand a quality graphics card in order to display poor graphics with it?

According to this, Autodesk only 'demands' a 128 MB, and recommends up to a 512 MB video card.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2014, 08:36:15 AM »
... why demand a quality graphics card in order to display poor graphics with it?

According to this, Autodesk only 'demands' a 128 MB, and recommends up to a 512 MB video card.
Yeah, maybe to display the startup splashscreen.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2014, 08:37:46 AM »

Yeah, maybe to display the startup splashscreen.

They have gotten pretty schnazzy since 2012.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2014, 08:53:10 AM »

yes; however we all know from real world experience
that minimum specifications, are woefully inadequate
much like Trumps comb-over

or a fat chick with a sweater tied around her hips
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2014, 09:17:02 AM »
I truly dislike the 'fuzzy' graphics display of objects in 2015.
Maybe my old eyes are no longer able to see clearly. But the graphics like pretty much the same in these 2 drawings. One is from C3D2012, the other C3D2015. Other than the difference in how selected objects are highlighted, I sure don't see any difference.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2014, 09:30:41 AM »
identify
Be your Best

Michael Farrell