Author Topic: Graphic Scale Bar on Tool Palette Problem  (Read 12620 times)

T-Square

Graphic Scale Bar on Tool Palette Problem
« on: April 08, 2014, 12:51:20 PM »
Hello All,

I have a graphic scale bar loaded on a tool palette. The block has "no" phantom linetype loaded and the "properties" of the that tool palette item are all set to "bylayer" with the layer it's inserted on having a "continuous" linetype and a color of white. Every time I click the block and insert it into the drawing the tool palette wants to load the phantom linetype. The block is ultra clean, everything in the block is set to bylayer and created on layer 0. None of the other blocks do this.

Anyone ever run into this issue?

Unfortunately I can not post the block because of corporate rules.

???

Thanks for your help folks.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Graphic Scale Bar on Tool Palette Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 01:19:36 PM »
open block dwg purge all layers
it is probably nested in there somewhere
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

T-Square

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 01:23:32 PM »
mj,

I am a purge-a-holic. It's part of my drawing closing mojo. Zoom extents...purge all. It's baffling me. The block is dynamic with vis states, but I have thoroughly checked all entities in the block editor and the model space...yes, and paper space. Still, not phantom linetype, no unreferenced blocks just lines.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 01:30:07 PM »
Load it up there is something pointing to linetype in XDATA or Extension dictionary or the properties in palette have it set to that as they are stored in XML and not in any drawing.

T-Square

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »
block attached and screen shot of tool palette properties.

T-Square

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »
I know there are better and even a hundred different oppinions on how scale bar should be done. I am NOT asking for that. This is how "the powers that be" want to do this. Sometimes, some folks like using this $6,000 program like a 6 cent pencil. So be it. My lines are straight and my circles are round. :-)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 02:06:59 PM »
when I open it shows DASHED2 linetype is in that file
so it isn't totally clean as you think it is

also two undefined blocks

and as hose can not be purged easily
they are most likely the source of the bad linetype(s)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

T-Square

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 02:18:46 PM »
Ok, I created a tool palette with numerous blocks. I tested "just" the graphic scale block on a blank acad.dwt and I don't get the issue with the linetype. Soooo, it must be within another block. When I open the graphic scale block I do not see any undefined blocks or any linetypes other than the bylayer, byblock and continuous. I am going to go through all of the other blocks and fish it out. Wish me luck. hahaha

T-Square

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 03:12:01 PM »
I am at a TOTAL loss. I checked every block on the tool palette and none of them have any linetype other than bylayer, byblock and continuous. I reverted to the vanilla AutoCAD profile with the vanilla paths and such. First time I insert a block from the tool palette it's fine, the very next instance, no matter the block, wants to load the phantom linetype.

I am not thrilled about recreating this tool palette. I personally don't use them and I old school...fundamental drafting...the insertion of blocks. Have a macro that lists curent dimscale, ltscale, psltscale and cmdecho. I don't have anywhere near the problems all of the bells and whistles Autodesk keeps adding. I am sure they are helpful to ewww ewwww and new toy firms/drafter/designers, but I do just fine with basic drafting using mostly lisp files. Lisp hasn't been broke since MIT developed it and it gets my end product looking just as sharp and correct as anyone else.

Sorry, I am ranting now.... moving on. hahahaha

mj, I opened all of the blocks on the tool palette and I don't see the DASHED2 linetype in any of them. No linetypes other than the norm in my template, no blocks and no layers(other than 0). I am at a loss to understand what is going on. Civil guy keeps opening these blocks with stuff gets stuck in the blocks that is completely unecessary within the block and I end up re-doing them so that they work. Very frustrating.

ughhhh

T-Square

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 03:25:07 PM »
I tested in on an intern, he's still in college and AutoCAD newbie with a clean install of AutoCAD. hahaha... he's a good kid. He does not get the "phantom" linetype loading issue that I do....so, it's me. hahaha  which....I can deal with. As long as it works for others. I'll fix my own.  :mrgreen:

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 03:57:34 PM »
The reason it did not show up on intern is probably because he already had section view style defined in drawing

Open BarScale drawing
Go to section view style and edit imperial 24 and change linetype from Phantom to Bylayer or whatever
then purge drawing.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 04:01:39 PM »
Usually when a linetype, layer,  etc.... cannot be purged in clean drawing is when the standard style has a reference to it.

T-Square

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 07:18:13 PM »
never mind. I have figured out to just dxfout the drawings and that cleans all of the civil 3D stuff out.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:29:59 PM by T-Square »

T-Square

Revisit....Graphic Scale Bar on Tool Palette Problem
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 08:03:03 PM »
Ok, so I am baffled as to why I cannot remove the phantom linetype from my blocks. I am still getting the error about loading a phantom linetype. What I realized is that I am using AutoCAD 2012 and don't have the "section" tools as in AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD 2014. I have gone through all of my blocks and re-created them from scratch..from a clean acad.dwt, yet I am still getting the phantom linetype trying to load. I am wondering if someone here is not speaking up to something they did, did not know what they were doing and won't admit what they did.

Any ideas?

I appreciate your help folks.

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 08:31:27 PM »
Can you post the latest version of your dwg?
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst