Author Topic: AutoCAD 2009  (Read 63456 times)

Alan Cullen

Re: AutoCAD 2009
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »
I went very quickly back to the menu system I was used to in 2008. I docked the main properties dialogue....but I found the short quick properties dialogue does everything I need......and I'm happy now.

You can add features you want to the short quick properties dialogue.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2008, 11:37:22 AM »
Oh yeah it is useful, but I found I couldn't make it larger to see complete names.
It only lags when first loading it up after that its quick as heck.

jnieman

« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2008, 12:38:19 PM »
only slightly surprising... I don't miss menus at all.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »
I love the pop out menu on the A too.
The search works great for those seldom used commands if the naming conventions are reasonable.

M-dub

« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2008, 02:09:36 PM »
Does anyone else have a recurring problem with AutoCAD crashing when opening drawings?

I HAVE sent in error reports and they suggest I install SP2 (or whatever), but I have already done that.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2008, 03:34:47 PM »
Does anyone else have a recurring problem with AutoCAD crashing when opening drawings?

I HAVE sent in error reports and they suggest I install SP2 (or whatever), but I have already done that.

of course we do; in C3D one comes to expect a crash at any instant!

you have a problem with that?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

M-dub

« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »
LOL

Nope.  'Cause I ain't got C3D!

I'm just glad that I haven't lost any work yet.  I don't know how it's worked out that way, but it has.  Maybe Murphy's on vacation?

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2008, 09:34:38 PM »

Certain drawings or all drawings?
If certain drawings, anything in common?

Mine crashes every time I shut it down. Luckily I'm not doing production with it and crashing at shutdown isn't too bad...

M-dub

« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2008, 08:22:31 AM »

Certain drawings or all drawings?
If certain drawings, anything in common?

It's (seemingly) random.  There doesn't seem to be anything in common.  Some might have an image attached, some won't.  Some have blocks, some don't.  It only happens about once every couple of days, but it happens at the exact same time, each time it happens.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2008, 08:50:45 AM »
Just out of curiosity, have you ran a repair on the AutoCAD 2009 installation?
Have you tried disabling the Communications Center?

M-dub

« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2008, 02:37:29 PM »
Ok, this crash business is really starting to aggravate me.  I've sent in the error reports and they're no help.  Googled around a bit, to no avail.

jnieman

« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »
I haven't had a crash for 2009 in a long, long time... like a whole day !... nah jk, it's been many WEEKS since I had a fatal error, probably... the worst I've gotten is a -freeze- sometimes, when handling decently large 3d models with many also large xref'd models.  Even then it's only been once a week maybe, and only after I'd left Autocad open for a couple days, probably :P

My only gripes now are actually how certain things function (or fail to)

Sorry I can't help.

Is it a random occurrence?

You could always file a subscription center ticket and get some tech-jockey-know-nothing to tell you that he doesn't know why, either :P

M-dub

« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2008, 02:46:16 PM »
I'm about to start counting how many drawings I can open sucessfully between crashes.  And that's what causes the crash... opening files.  That's the ONLY thing that has caused a crash for me.

jnieman

« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2008, 02:54:15 PM »
jot down what file it crashes on, when trying to open... just see if there's -any- common thread (a common xref or anything) between them...

first thing those techs will do is say "sorry, can't reproduce it, tough luck" so the more you can give them to focus in on it, the better.

M-dub

« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2008, 02:59:02 PM »
Thanks for the tip... But from what I've experienced so far, there IS no common thread.  It hasn't crashed on the same drawing twice (AFAIK) and there aren't any Xref's involved... there might be images attached (I suppose that is an xref, but not really) ...

Anyway, I'm going to start tracking it myself.  We'll see how it goes.