Author Topic: Visibility states - I don't get it  (Read 20315 times)

Mr Cory

Re: Visibility states - I don't get it
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2007, 07:30:15 PM »
Hay Dan, thats a cool feature, does it set define the attributes? Or just the block line work etc?

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2007, 08:35:36 AM »
like i say i haven't had much time to get deep into it to say what it does and doesn't do exactly just wanted to point it out so maybe others can play with it.

kim

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 04:32:14 PM »
Yeah, i use this method alot, saves alot of time. Like lintels for instance, save having to type in the size everytime.

Well first off you need to create a lookup parameter and action, dble click the action which will open the dialog box, this is where you input your data. the right column is the options that will appear in the drop down list. The left is for the values of the parameters that you 'attach' to the lookup. In this case you dont want to attach any parameters, you ust want to fill in the option for the drop down list (right column).

Once you have done that you need to create a attribute, in the default insert a feild, select blockplaceholder. Next select the lookup parameter in the middle column. Then select any additional formatting you want. Then go accept everything. Place the attribute. save your block and insert it again. to  change what the attribute is displaying, use the drop down list then regen.

Hope this helps, let me know if you having trouble
Okay, I am having trouble! :? I finally figured out the lookup thing (for the most part), but I don't quite understand the purpose of the field, (which by the way, I haven't learned about fields yet either, other than just experimenting with them). When I go to insert a field and pick blockplaceholer, I get a message that says "invalid field code". 

Mr Cory

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2007, 04:39:02 PM »
Are you inserting the fielf into mtext or a attribute that wasnt created in the block editor? Could you post a screen shot?

kim

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2007, 04:42:53 PM »
Nevermind, I think I spoke too soon, I think I got it now....thanks!

Mr Cory

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2007, 04:43:30 PM »
Glad you got it to work  :-)