Author Topic: Visibility states - I don't get it  (Read 20347 times)

Birdy

Re: Visibility states - I don't get it
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
BTW,

Welcome to TheSwamp Kim!

Mr Cory

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 06:49:14 PM »
It would be nice to have a "Insert Attribute Text Parameter" then you could create a visibility parameter that filled in the attributes with predefined text rather than stacking multiple text objects on each other.

You can type text into a lookup and use a attribute with a field linked to the lookup. Is that what you are meaning?

The point perameter was just so I could see if I could make it work.  I wanted to test out the multiple insertion point thing (the ctrl key toggles through them) because sometimes on a detail the elevation is on the left and sometimes its on the right.  I can toggle through the insertion points if I just insert the block from the pull-down menu, but if I drag the block to a palette and then insert it, it won't toggle through the insertion points. Is there a way to get past that?

O yup, if you click on the tool it will work instead of dragging the tool into your work space

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 07:06:07 PM »
I think that's what I'm looking for.....mind posting an example? :wink:

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Mr Cory

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 07:09:39 PM »
Not at all  :-) Heres one http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=62127 , Let me know if you need anymore or an explaination  :-)

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »
You mind posting it here? It won't let me access it without creating an account.

Thanks,

Ron

Custom Build PC

Mr Cory

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 07:19:13 PM »
:-o i think this is the right drawing lol

Mr Cory

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 07:19:53 PM »
Yeap that one uses the lookup to control the room names

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 10:23:51 AM »
Thanks Mr Cory :)

Custom Build PC

whdjr

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 10:37:24 AM »
:-o i think this is the right drawing lol

That's an interesting concept Mr. Cory.  It seems you got it all worked out.

kim

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 11:02:48 AM »
The lookup perameter has escaped me altogether.  :oops: I don't understand that one either.

Kate M

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 01:10:59 PM »
You mind posting it here? It won't let me access it without creating an account.

It's AUGI...just join already. :-D

Kate M

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
The lookup perameter has escaped me altogether.  :oops: I don't understand that one either.

Don't worry, Kim, it takes a while to get your head around DBs. Ellen Finkelstein wrote a nice series of articles on them that you can find here, and they were a big help to me when I was getting started with them.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 01:25:45 PM »

It's AUGI...just join already. :-D

I try to minimize my accounts on the internet...PLUS..I get about 99% of my CAD questions answered here in less than 1/2 an hour  :-P

Custom Build PC

Mr Cory

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 05:15:52 PM »
Yeah, i use this method alot, saves alot of time. Like lintels for instance, save having to type in the size everytime.

Well first off you need to create a lookup parameter and action, dble click the action which will open the dialog box, this is where you input your data. the right column is the options that will appear in the drop down list. The left is for the values of the parameters that you 'attach' to the lookup. In this case you dont want to attach any parameters, you ust want to fill in the option for the drop down list (right column).

Once you have done that you need to create a attribute, in the default insert a feild, select blockplaceholder. Next select the lookup parameter in the middle column. Then select any additional formatting you want. Then go accept everything. Place the attribute. save your block and insert it again. to  change what the attribute is displaying, use the drop down list then regen.

Hope this helps, let me know if you having trouble

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 07:26:19 PM »
hey guys i don't get in here as much as i used to and when i do i don't get a chance to browse as i usually have my own problem i'm trying to get resolved. anyway i was just reading through this thread and wanted to inform those who are using 2008 in case you didn't know that there is now a redefine in the right click menu in tool palettes that will update instances of blocks in the drawing. i think this will help with the reinserting problem although i haven't tested it out. i have really been wanting to figure out the lookup parameter so i will have to take a look at the example.