Author Topic: QLeader Text & Arrow Size?  (Read 7413 times)

craigr

Re: QLeader Text & Arrow Size?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 08:03:49 AM »
some things I didn't touch on too well:  (had to be quick at work)

I spent some very frustrating days with the text size, (hope you didn't) till I found out the text height, under format text style should be 0. Guess that setting frees it up for other variables (?).  The text height in the dimension settings should be the ht you want (.1) and the box next to scale to ps under the fit tab checked...

Holy Cow!!!

THAT's the ticket!

It works great and is sooo easy.

I am humbled by alot of the responses, (WAY over my head). You folks make them sound sooo easy, but I still haven't grasped the concept.

Thanks for all of the responses,
craigr

Kate M

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 12:28:46 PM »

craigr

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 02:38:58 PM »
Now that I am well into my settings to make these into a macro / icon,

Without the Dimstyle dialog box, how do I tell it to 'draw a frame around the text' - what you 'check box' in the dialog box?

Next quesiton - How do I get to the settings of 'QLeader' without the dialog box coming up? The -qleader doesn't work.

I thought I have run into this before, but cannot it isn't in my 'Tip's' file that I keep. I did a search on the swamp and found only the ' - ' option.

craigr

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 03:40:10 PM »
Now that I am well into my settings to make these into a macro / icon,

Without the Dimstyle dialog box, how do I tell it to 'draw a frame around the text' - what you 'check box' in the dialog box?

craigr

Wait a minute w or w/o the dialog box?  :-)

w/o, found this:

"To create a box around the text, set the DIMGAP system variable to a negative value. The offset between the box and the text is the absolute value of DIMGAP"

That's weird,  I remember spending 2 weeks looking for what they called the space between the object and the extention line, but to draw a frame around the text   :?
It works.

With dialog box, I'd check the "Draw frame around text" under the text tab.

Will look for the qleader one
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 03:44:14 PM by PHX cadie »
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

craigr

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 04:07:26 PM »
That did it!

I always wondered why the 'Offset from Dim line' was at a negative number sometimes.

Thanks and keep em comiing, I am still looking on my own also.

craigr

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 03:31:30 PM »
How do I get to the settings of 'QLeader' without the dialog box coming up? The -qleader doesn't work.

Sorry I'm not having any luck today.
Acad 2013 and XM

craigr

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 04:03:09 PM »
I found in the Help file that all of the settings can be done without dialog boxes, but I haven't been able to find the commands either.

Oh well, thanks again for all of your help,

craigr

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 09:45:06 PM »
I found in the Help file that all of the settings can be done without dialog boxes, but I haven't been able to find the commands either.

How did you find it under Help? A certain keyword or topic?

Guess it would have smart of me to ask if there where any settings in particular you are looking for from the very beginning. 
I had it in my mind a certain command in the command line, then a settings option, all in the command line.  :oops:

I'll check my book (its at work), but I believe there is an entire section on the dimxxx commands.

What leader settings are you looking for?

Anyway good luck!
Acad 2013 and XM

craigr

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2007, 08:10:24 AM »
I don't remember where in the help file, I was searching for QLeader, settings, Suppress dialog box, etc....

The settings I change in the 'Leader Setttings' dialog box are -

Annotation tab: uncheck the 'Prompt for width', check 'Always left Justify', and check 'Frame Text'.
Leader Line & Arrow tab: Straight Leader Line, check the 'No Limit' for Number of Points,
The Attachment tab: Select 'Middle of Multi-line text' for both the text on the right side and on the left side.

I have some of these built into a template, but would like an icon for those instances when we don't start with that particular template.

This is a real dome scratcher. I have looked in the 'AutoCad Bible', but haven't found it yet.

craigr