Author Topic: Common offsets routine  (Read 5276 times)

ELOQUINTET

Re: Common offsets routine
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 01:13:40 PM »
tim that's very interesting i'll have to remember that. cab i tried your routine and it does what it says too. the problem i discovered with both of these is that they only stretch in one direction. this works fine if it is the edge that is off but if it is and object on a bigger object it becomes off center. What I would need for this situation is to get the difference then divide that by 2 and then allow me to stretch through both sides so it stays centered on the whole object. Does that make sense?

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »
Tim
Great tip, I never used it before. :-o
You're welcome.   :-)
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

deegeecees

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 01:17:58 PM »
I used to use a transparent function called (ref) that was made as an early Lisp form of from.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »
Hey Gary,

You had said you would send me the rest of your routine if I was interested. I'm curious to try it out so can you post it. Thanks

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 04:51:03 PM »
Hey Gary,

You had said you would send me the rest of your routine if I was interested. I'm curious to try it out so can you post it. Thanks

Dan

The sub functions are nested too deep...plus I save settings to windows registry.
I will try and make a standalone dialog routine. And the buttons along the bottom
of the dialog are hot links to the main arch program routines which you do not have.

Gary
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »
thanks gary. what i am really looking for out of this is a dialogue box that has a list of my common offsets that i can select instead of typing them all the time. i have seen alot of offset routines but none that is really intuative. Now that I'm thinking about it. It would be nice to be able to put in some kind of seperator(s) too to make the list easy to read. I do tons of offsetting in my work and if I don't find a better way soon my poor hands are gonna fall off.  :-o

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 05:27:34 PM »
thanks gary. what i am really looking for out of this is a dialogue box that has a list of my common offsets that i can select instead of typing them all the time. i have seen alot of offset routines but none that is really intuative. Now that I'm thinking about it. It would be nice to be able to put in some kind of seperator(s) too to make the list easy to read. I do tons of offsetting in my work and if I don't find a better way soon my poor hands are gonna fall off.  :-o

In that case why not make a toobar with your most commonly used offsets.

Code: [Select]
**ARCH_OFFSET
[_Toolbar("Offset, _Floating, _Hide, 900, 700, 1)]
[_Button("Offset Utilities", ARCH_OFFSET, ARCH_OFFSET)]OFU
[_Button("Offset 3.5", ARCH_OFF35, ARCH_OFF35)](setvar "offsetdist" 3.5);(command "offset" "");
[_Button("Offset 5.5", ARCH_OFF55, ARCH_OFF55)](setvar "offsetdist" 5.5);(command "offset" "");
[_Button("Offset 6.0", ARCH_OFF6, ARCH_OFF6)](setvar "offsetdist" 6.0);(command "offset" "");
[_Button("Offset 12.0", ARCH_OFF12, ARCH_OFF12)](setvar "offsetdist" 12.0);(command "offset" "");
[_Button("Offset 24.0", ARCH_OFF24, ARCH_OFF24)](setvar "offsetdist" 24.0);(command "offset" "");
[_Button("Single Offset Delete Original", ARCH_DSOF, ARCH_DSOF)]+
(setq loop 1);(while (= loop 1)(C:DSOF));(princ))
[_Button("Double Offset Delete Original", ARCH_DDOF, ARCH_DDOF)]+
(setq loop 1);(while (= loop 1)(C:DDOF));(princ))
[_Button("Double Offset @3.5 Delete Original", ARCH_DDOF3, ARCH_DDOF3)]+
(setvar "offsetdist" 3.5);(setq loop 1);(while (= loop 1)(C:DDOF));(princ))
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »
gary,

i already have a toolbar from a previous job but the amount of them i need makes a toolbar not really ideal for my current needs. i'd just like to be able to add them as i go and not worry about bitmaps. i am also somewhat reluctant to go that route for the reason that we are about to upgrade to 2007 soon and i don't feel like relearning the old method only to upgrade in a week. i will take a look at your bitmaps though as i may want to go that route eventually. thanks