Author Topic: Remove XDRX  (Read 2814 times)

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Remove XDRX
« on: January 10, 2024, 05:29:56 PM »
@xdcad,

Do you have a routine to completely remove/uninstall XDRX from association with an AutoCAD version.
ie: remove all references in the AutoCAD folders and AutoCAD registry and AutoCAD configuration etc.

I believe it is professional to provide this functionality.

I'm not sure if the unins000.exe provides this functionality.

Regards,
Called Kerry in my other life
Retired; but they dragged me back in !

I live at UTC + 13.00

---
some people complain about loading the dishwasher.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer.

xdcad

• Swamp Rat
Re: Remove XDRX
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 06:12:19 PM »
@xdcad,

Do you have a routine to completely remove/uninstall XDRX from association with an AutoCAD version.
ie: remove all references in the AutoCAD folders and AutoCAD registry and AutoCAD configuration etc.

I believe it is professional to provide this functionality.

I'm not sure if the unins000.exe provides this functionality.

Regards,

The installation program uses inno setup, which can be downloaded online. He left the installation process to it and did nothing. it created a directory, added the path ARX to the registry under the auto-start key of CAD, and then created an XDSOFT Keys, that's all.

I haven’t tested it yet. You can try unins000.exe. These are the undelete information automatically created by the installation program INNO SETUP.
You can also use third-party security software to monitor installation and uninstallation
The code I wrote uses XDRX-API,which can be downloaded from github.com and is updated at any time.
===================================
https://github.com/xdcad
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdrx-api-zip/
http://bbs.xdcad.net

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 06:31:21 PM »
I don't believe that is good enough.

You are responsible for making changes to the AutoCAD environment/configuration etc, so you should take responsibility of restoring what is changed.

Without doing this, your package will never be accepted as professional. no matter how good it is.

Regards,

I live at UTC + 13.00

---

pkohut

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 07:03:07 PM »
To be honest, I was hoping for XDRX to be removed from the swamp forums completely.   
New tread (not retired) - public repo at https://github.com/pkohut

Hugo

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 12:36:42 AM »
To be honest, I was hoping for XDRX to be removed from the swamp forums completely.   

And why should that be deleted?

pkohut

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 01:42:21 AM »

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2024, 02:59:11 AM »

XDRX-API is a revolution and will profoundly change the world of medium-high quality software development in the world of AUTOCAD, BRICSCAD, ZWCAD, GSTARCAD and others...

... why not be happy about that?  ...

there will be things to define, to clarify,
but nevertheless it is
a great and good revolution ...

for this reason I sincerely wish XDCAD
to continue this work he has undertaken
and to implement it as much as possible ...

and I thank him for what he is doing ...

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2024, 03:06:56 AM »
and it would be very interesting to KNOW the OPINIONS of the LISP GURUS who frequent this website...

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2024, 04:25:14 AM »
@domenicomaria,
I've been here 20+ years, but don't think I qualify as guru, but anyway . . .

If I was still programming Lisp regularly I wouldn't use xdrx at this point in time.
My decision is based on a requirement for long term support, transparency, continuity and confidence in the product either through documentation or open source code. It just wouldn't be fair to my clients to use the product

Very few lispers use the built in Visual Lisp and ActiveX Functions to anywhere near capacity, in fact, most seemingly hardly read the documentation. What is the situation going to be like when the documentation needs to be interpreted from samples without technical descriptions.

The return on investment in studying lisp would probably increase productivity exponentially and safely.
. . . as would participating in peer support instead of just taking code produced by others.
As well as producing better code we would become more employable through expertise using the tools provided with the base product.

Some people are sure to not agree with me. . . . but you did ask.

added:
From the Github site:
Autolisp development library written in ObjectARX

The API of this project is only for personal study and research. Please do not use it for commercial purposes. I will not be responsible for any previous consequences caused by this.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 04:38:36 AM by kdub_nz »

I live at UTC + 13.00

---

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2024, 04:47:48 AM »
@kdub_nz

I hope that things like XDRX-API or OPENDCL
will be INTEGRATED
into the MAIN SOFTWARE (ACAD, BCAD, ZWCAD, GSTARCAD ...)
(as happened with VITAL LISP ... do you remember?) ...

This would be the best thing for everyone,
including those who have invested their time in producing this software
(because would they have to SELL their code to the various software houses)

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2024, 04:51:10 AM »
Autolisp development library written in ObjectARX

The API of this project is only for personal study and research.
only for personal study and research

but only for the moment, i believe ...

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2024, 04:57:57 AM »
Yes, I remember Vital Lisp. I bought a license. AutoDesk purchased it and haven't improved it since release 14.

OpenDCL is open Source I don't see that they would integrate it . . . they like to own stuff.
I believe Owen has OpenDCL ported to the products you mentioned.
I was using the product by license when Chad was developing it as a sole trader.
I thing you will find some familiar names as contributors in the docs.

I don't know where you got the idea/expectation about integration ; perhaps wishfull thinking. ?

Regards,

I live at UTC + 13.00

---

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2024, 05:25:41 AM »
I don't know where you got the idea/expectation about integration ; perhaps wishfull thinking. ?

I think this should be the best and natural evolution of the situation...

...it would be interesting to know what XDCAD's future plans are...

PKENEWELL

• Bull Frog
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2024, 10:24:32 AM »
Personally I agree with kdub. I wouldn't use XDRX because it makes me dependant on a third party developer that wont share source code. It's one thing if it is open source, but I have been burned before because the developer decided that they didn't want to give it away for free anymore, or they just decide it is not worth their time anymore to maintain.

If you think Autodesk will integrate it into the Visual LISP API, you are kidding yourself. Ask Owen Weingard or Robert McNeel. Luckily, they have been kind enough to keep maintaining their add ons to the API for more than 20 years - hoping someday Autodesk would add all the functionality into the Visual LISP API. Nope! Autodesk would rather you move to ARX/.Net than expand on Visual LISP, which has not been expanded in functionality since they integrated it over 20 years ago.
"When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2024, 10:58:44 AM »
All the things you say have a logical sense.

I DO NOT BELIEVE Autodesk will buy XDRX
but I HOPE that something good happens...

1 - Autodesk will purchase XDRX as it did VITAL LISP ?
2 - XDRX will become open source like DosLib and OpenDCL ?
3 - BricsCAD (which has a much faster Lisp and with many more functions than ACAD)
could decide to collaborate with XDCAD ?...

And other things...

Because XDRX is the only way to give Lisp (Vlisp) a new life
and there are many people who would be very happy about this...

So I DON'T BELIEVE, but I HOPE...
And many times, things happen that we don't expect...

I collaborated a lot with Chad Wanless on ObjectDCL (now OpenDCL)
and it was going to be paid software ...
or Chad was hoping to sell it to Autodesk
... and he went to Autodek university,
in Las Vegas (I think) and presented the software
( who still had many problems ... but no one knew this)
and it seemed that it was very much appreciated in that environment
... he called me to tell me that it had been a success,
but then things went differently
and OpenDCL is open source...

And would you have ever imagined that
Autodesk would buy VITAL LISP?

So I hope . . .

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2024, 11:44:15 AM »
I agree with Kerry, and even Paul. The package screams malware. I can completely understand a non-professional developer focusing on the content only--and putting off developing documentation and packaging--but a package such as this really should have a good clear/honest method for install and removal and good documentation. There seems to have been a lot of work into this package for a very long time, I just don't understand why more time and effort wasn't devoted to making it more polished and rounded.

I'm not a professional--like Paul and others--but my thoughts:
1. I don't know INNO SETUP but every packager I've used, I spent just as much time on the uninstaller as the installer (you MUST keep the system as clean as you can!).
2. I've always spent more time on the documentation then the actual coding. Professionals can chime in here, but I thought that was normal in tool development.

When, Paul (pkohut) made the post--he to linked to above--I expected more of a follow-up. -i.e. That would have gotten my attention, if I were the developer.

On the topic of extending AutoCAD/AutoLisp functionality.
If you want a lisp only library, you have real professional developers here that I'm sure would be willing to chime in on procedures and process on how we, non-professionals, can use to develop our own lisp-based library. The use of other stuff (c#, python, arx, etc) can also be worked in/on/etc (there are tons of ideas, concepts, advice, recommendations, etc. here ripe for the picking), look at all the stuff Dan has been doing with Python! ...ask questions! create conversations!
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

domenicomaria

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 12:40:25 PM »
at this point XDCAD should say something about the many issues mentioned

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2024, 12:52:42 PM »
I know XDCAD has stated that the tool(s) are not open-source because of "certain factors" but if the tool(s) were to open-source, that would/could offer up the possibility of TheSwamp members adding and making improvements -building a un/installer, writing documentation, building examples.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

pkohut

• Bull Frog
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2024, 03:46:08 PM »
Firstly, the body of work XDRX brought us is most impressive. Much respect to you sir.

I look at this from a security point of view and someone living in the US. It is not worth my reputation or job to install software from a suspect source, software from China is very suspect.  From a VM, Chrome complained the file could be malware and sandboxed the file.  Windows Defender complained about the rar fille during the decompression stage.  No further analysis was done.

Even without the above "false alarms", some concerns I would have now, 
  • Can the Chinese government force XDRX to create a special addition?
  • Can the software install a persistent backdoor?
  • Can it weaponize dwg files by adding payloads?
  • How do I know drawings shared with county and state municipalities are safe?
  • How about drawings shared with partners?
  • Are our networks being probed from the inside?

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2024, 05:26:42 PM »
Firstly, the body of work XDRX brought us is most impressive. Much respect to you sir.
--->%

I agree with that as well! There is no doubt the XDRX-API must have taken a very long time to develop and seems very impressive.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Atook

• Swamp Rat
  • AKA Tim
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2024, 06:05:36 PM »
Interesting conversation.

pkohut summarized my thoughts on it well. I didn't get as far as downloading the rar files, I smelled malware and noped out.

@xdcad: It seems like a very well developed piece of software, congratulations.

If it's really a gift to the CAD coding community, publish the source, not only will we use it and thank you, we'll even ask to improve it.

xdcad

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2024, 06:38:55 PM »
I know XDCAD has stated that the tool(s) are not open-source because of "certain factors" but if the tool(s) were to open-source, that would/could offer up the possibility of TheSwamp members adding and making improvements -building a un/installer, writing documentation, building examples.

As you said,
1. The XDRX API was developed over the past 20 years as we continued to solve work problems. It is not professional, and I am not a professional programmer. I am an engineer, and my creed is the most Get the job done quickly.

2. Someone quoted a passage in the above. in github, about:
The API of this project is only for personal study and research.
only for personal study and research

Let me explain this sentence first. It was not in github,the above article at the earliest. Because after I came here, some people discussed possible copyright issues and added it later. So, I don’t want to Helping others while causing trouble for myself, just one sentence, sample disclaimer.

3.Speaking of security issues, I said it was a false positive, because there is a SHELL part in the API, and there are third-party libraries that directly read and write EXCEL files. They may have read the code of sensitive directories. Do you believe it is a false positive? , I naturally believe it, because your focus is on whether it can solve your problem. If you don’t believe it, no matter what I say, it’s useless... As a technical person, a simple logic, if I have the ability to do things that endanger safety Do I need to spend so much effort and spend 20 years writing an API for drawing software to do this?

4. I don’t want to say more about other things. If I have time, I might as well write more code for you. The reason why I have written so many applications is that I believe that the best way to learn APIs is by understanding them.

5. My original intention is to help engineers who are looking for efficient work. If you find it useful, use it. If you find it useless or even dangerous, ignore it.

6.I know some friends are worried that because of ARX, I cannot guarantee whether the next version of AUTOCAD will still be usable and will continue to support updates. However, 20 years ago, some people have been asking. I am now using 2004 and 2005. Can AUTROCAD still use XDRX API?

7. Someone mentioned above about open source,
At present, there is no way to open source the ARX part. LISP (including the LISP function library written with API, some of which are 100% open source), you can go to http://bbs.xdcad.net to find more resources. This website is currently It is still inconvenient to post and edit, and there is no way to better classify and publish),
If you are interested in some functions of ARX, you can post a discussion and I will try to reply to it.

8. Everyone is working in technology, and their purpose is to support their families. Therefore, I prefer to focus on how to improve my work. If I make my work more efficient, I don’t have the energy to think about too many "other" issues. I don’t want to be bothered by these “others” either.

9. At present, various BBSs at home and abroad are affected by smart phones, and the discussion atmosphere is not very good. Everyone cherishes it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 07:59:41 PM by xdcad »
The code I wrote uses XDRX-API,which can be downloaded from github.com and is updated at any time.

pkohut

• Bull Frog
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2024, 08:35:48 PM »

3.Speaking of security issues, I said it was a false positive, because there is a SHELL part in the API, and there are third-party libraries that directly read and write EXCEL files. They may have read the code of sensitive directories. Do you believe it is a false positive? , I naturally believe it, because your focus is on whether it can solve your problem. If you don’t believe it, no matter what I say, it’s useless... As a technical person, a simple logic, if I have the ability to do things that endanger safety Do I need to spend so much effort and spend 20 years writing an API for drawing software to do this?

I would not be able to get buyoff from management to install this on company computers.  Again, from a security point of view, I will not look at this outside of a VM no matter the reassurance that the code is safe. 

What has not been clear is if XDRX is an individual, a team, or a company.  I believe the county of origin is PRC, hence my concern that the government could force future builds have special payloads.

So I am not your target audience.

xdcad

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2024, 10:23:14 PM »

I would not be able to get buyoff from management to install this on company computers.  Again, from a security point of view, I will not look at this outside of a VM no matter the reassurance that the code is safe. 

What has not been clear is if XDRX is an individual, a team, or a company.  I believe the county of origin is PRC, hence my concern that the government could force future builds have special payloads.

This is not a "technical" issue at all ...
Let's keep it simple,

You're wrong, I don't have a target audience
"Giving roses to others leaves a lingering fragrance"

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2024, 03:04:51 AM »
Relating the original question :
For anyone interested, the unins000.exe does not remove everything.
Manual editing of the registry,  trusted path lists, profiles will be required.
Search the registry and configs for XDSOFT.

Not sure if I got everything, but that will do for now.

Regards,

I live at UTC + 13.00

---

xdcad

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2024, 12:48:38 PM »
Relating the original question :
For anyone interested, the unins000.exe does not remove everything.
Manual editing of the registry,  trusted path lists, profiles will be required.
Search the registry and configs for XDSOFT.

Not sure if I got everything, but that will do for now.

Regards,

The API will be updated on the 13th. You should be able to uninstall it cleanly.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2024, 06:59:29 PM »

3.Speaking of security issues, I said it was a false positive, because there is a SHELL part in the API, and there are third-party libraries that directly read and write EXCEL files. They may have read the code of sensitive directories. Do you believe it is a false positive? , I naturally believe it, because your focus is on whether it can solve your problem. If you don&#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#8217;t believe it, no matter what I say, it&#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#8217;s useless... As a technical person, a simple logic, if I have the ability to do things that endanger safety Do I need to spend so much effort and spend 20 years writing an API for drawing software to do this?

Let's keep it simple,

Just finished a BS degree in cybersecurity so have been doing some side work to help some firms to get expierence, but the requirements the US government will be enforcing to meet for lowest security requirement which is just to be able to bill for payment, the software as is would cause you to fail an audit. I understand what mean xcad and not arguing with you, but just in my small world where I work and all the different consulants we deal with, I can not think of one who does not do some government work, which would require a seperate and isolated network with additional workstations without the software to contune to do any government work.
Just adding comment so you understand I can not try out the software which looks awesome and helpful because we do government work because any workstation connected or that will be connected to the network has to meet the security requirements, which will not allow installition and if we override to allow it, them we will fail an audit amd not get paid.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 07:12:23 PM by Jeff H »

xdcad

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2024, 11:44:03 PM »

3.Speaking of security issues, I said it was a false positive, because there is a SHELL part in the API, and there are third-party libraries that directly read and write EXCEL files. They may have read the code of sensitive directories. Do you believe it is a false positive? , I naturally believe it, because your focus is on whether it can solve your problem. If you don&#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#8217;t believe it, no matter what I say, it&#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#8217;s useless... As a technical person, a simple logic, if I have the ability to do things that endanger safety Do I need to spend so much effort and spend 20 years writing an API for drawing software to do this?

Let's keep it simple,

Just finished a BS degree in cybersecurity so have been doing some side work to help some firms to get expierence, but the requirements the US government will be enforcing to meet for lowest security requirement which is just to be able to bill for payment, the software as is would cause you to fail an audit. I understand what mean xcad and not arguing with you, but just in my small world where I work and all the different consulants we deal with, I can not think of one who does not do some government work, which would require a seperate and isolated network with additional workstations without the software to contune to do any government work.
Just adding comment so you understand I can not try out the software which looks awesome and helpful because we do government work because any workstation connected or that will be connected to the network has to meet the security requirements, which will not allow installition and if we override to allow it, them we will fail an audit amd not get paid.

In the future, change the packaging program and search on GOOGLE for "inno setup virus". You can see that this packaging program is often misreported.

If you have the ability, you can take out the ARX files inside and package them for use.

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2024, 06:13:53 PM »
the software as is would cause you to fail an audit.

Hi Jeff,
Maybe you can expand on this a bit. I’ve also been known to write closed source software, and I’ve also used INNO setup.

@xdcad, you should run your packages through VirusTotal and report false positives. It passed on other online checkers
I’m not against closed source software, only ignoring open source licenses

Personally, I’m trying to avoid writing to the registry. I must add to %PATH% for my python project. At some point I want to try remove that as well.

xdcad

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2024, 08:57:32 PM »

Hi Jeff,
Maybe you can expand on this a bit. I’ve also been known to write closed source software, and I’ve also used INNO setup.

@xdcad, you should run your packages through VirusTotal and report false positives. It passed on other online checkers

Personally, I’m trying to avoid writing to the registry. I must add to %PATH% for my python project. At some point I want to try remove that as well.

Thanks, Daniel
Recently, I searched GOOGLE and found that the installation package made by INNO SETUP is often misreported.
I used security software to scan the files after installation alone, and there were no security issues.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2024, 09:11:35 PM »

Hi Jeff,
Maybe you can expand on this a bit. I&#38;#38;#8217;ve also been known to write closed source software, and I&#38;#38;#8217;ve also used INNO setup.

To do any government work you will have to obtain CMMC Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
It will apply to anyone doing any jobs for DOD(Department of Defense).
You have to hire a accredited CMMC Third-Party Assessment Organization to do an assessment and to issue a certificate, and update it yearly. If the they feel like you are not practicing good cybersecurity practices they will not issue a certificate.
Level 1 is required to just get paid, you your going to send them a email or document like a bill you must be certified.
We would be level 2 since we will handle non classified documents, and basically increases the requirements of NIST SP 800-171
Back to level 1 is as simple as if DOD buys material from Home Depot then they must have certificate to get paid.

I am not saying anything wrong with software but if found in a scan you would have to explain why and was just elaborating on some of the points pkohut made.
Bosses would be pissed if we were not able to get paid.

Absolutely nothing against xcad, but more politics than anything,

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 09:15:39 PM by Jeff H »

xdcad

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2024, 09:15:08 PM »
Scan ARX files after installation without any security issues

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2024, 09:18:11 PM »
xcad,

Have considered making open source?

Is your goal to maybe sell it in future or require a paid license to use it?

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2024, 09:30:38 PM »

Hi Jeff,
Maybe you can expand on this a bit. I&#38;#38;#38;#8217;ve also been known to write closed source software, and I&#38;#38;#38;#8217;ve also used INNO setup.

To do any government work you will have to obtain CMMC Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
It will apply to anyone doing any jobs for DOD(Department of Defense).
You have to hire a accredited CMMC Third-Party Assessment Organization to do an assessment and to issue a certificate, and update it yearly. If the they feel like you are not practicing good cybersecurity practices they will not issue a certificate.
Level 1 is required to just get paid, you your going to send them a email or document like a bill you must be certified.
We would be level 2 since we will handle non classified documents, and basically increases the requirements of NIST SP 800-171
Back to level 1 is as simple as if DOD buys material from Home Depot then they must have certificate to get paid.

I am not saying anything wrong with software but if found in a scan you would have to explain why and was just elaborating on some of the points pkohut made.
Bosses would be pissed if we were not able to get paid.

Absolutely nothing against xcad, but more politics than anything,

Interesting!

No wonder it costs $100,000 for a screwdriver  :-o
I assume DOD handles this overhead for open-source software

xdcad

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2024, 09:36:46 PM »
xcad,

Thank you. From the beginning of this API in 1997 to now, I have always focused on the application level. When I found a need at work, I updated the API, and then used the API to write LISP. This is how the API developed.

What we can promise is that there will be no restrictions on personal use under any circumstances.

I currently have no plans to require any licenses in the future, and of course I have no idea of open source part of ARX, because I think there are still many areas that need to be improved. In addition, I have been focusing on developing specific applications and how to open source them. This is currently No idea yet.

Of course, it does not affect everyone's use. There is no API under AUTOCAD that is updated as frequently as the XDRX API.
However, LISP written with API can be completely open source.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2024, 11:38:42 AM »

Hi Jeff,

Thanks, Daniel
Recently, I searched GOOGLE and found that the installation package made by INNO SETUP is often misreported.
I used security software to scan the files after installation alone, and there were no security issues.
xdcad, great news! Congratulations on the clean scan.

I've used NSIS in the past (I thought it was a great little packager). I haven't used it in years, but I could look through some of my old stuff and help out if you wanted to switch/try. I had different installers for many different needs (I wrote a lot of my own custom functions for NSIS) but a simple "copy files into directory and write to REG" is easy.

xcad,

Thank you. From the beginning of this API in 1997 to now, I have always focused on the application level. When I found a need at work, I updated the API, and then used the API to write LISP. This is how the API developed.

What we can promise is that there will be no restrictions on personal use under any circumstances.

I currently have no plans to require any licenses in the future, and of course I have no idea of open source part of ARX, because I think there are still many areas that need to be improved. In addition, I have been focusing on developing specific applications and how to open source them. This is currently No idea yet.

Of course, it does not affect everyone's use. There is no API under AUTOCAD that is updated as frequently as the XDRX API.

That's easy; you would want the 3-clause BSD license then if you open sourced it.

The fact that there are still many areas needing to be improved is the reason to ask others to help. :)

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2024, 04:52:43 PM »
xcad,

It would be awsome if you did for selfish reasons mainly cause i would love to learn from it

Atook

• Swamp Rat
  • AKA Tim
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2024, 08:13:34 PM »
FWIW, I was having problems with my signed installer.exe getting flagged, and the problem resolved when I switched to an .msi package.