Author Topic: do you use dual monitors or a single monitor?  (Read 14999 times)

M-dub

Re: do you use dual monitors or a single monitor?
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »
What game is that?
It reminds me of an old Nintendo game... I think it was Gunsmoke or Gunsomething...
I think know what game you're thinking about. I thought the same thing, but isn't that blurry object a ship?
Wasn't sure, but thought it could've been a ... cow or horse skeleton... you know... They're like the "miscellaneous wooden crates" that are everywhere in a more... urbanised game.  Gotta fill up the screen with something!

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »
What game is that?
It reminds me of an old Nintendo game... I think it was Gunsmoke or Gunsomething...
I think know what game you're thinking about. I thought the same thing, but isn't that blurry object a ship?
Wasn't sure, but thought it could've been a ... cow or horse skeleton... you know... They're like the "miscellaneous wooden crates" that are everywhere in a more... urbanised game.  Gotta fill up the screen with something!
Alien easter egg!
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

tony bombata

• Newt
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
zanac  :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanac

an old nes game

Best picture posted yet.
 :-)

thank you  :-)

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »
In my new (2nd?) office I have a single 24" WS and open my laptop (17" WS) for Outlook, Explorer, etc.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

GILESP

• Newt
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2012, 08:04:13 AM »
Default setup is twin 21" at 1600x1200  I occasionally supplement this with a 17" laptop which I'll use to display mark-ups - gets confusing with 2 mice on the desk though!

Did a stunt a while back where I swapped one of my monitors for a 6ft projection screen to allow a bit of 'design by committee' Didn't like the resolution the projector ran at though 1024 lines - ugh!
..END OF LINE..

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2012, 10:01:15 AM »
In my new (2nd?) office I have a single 24" WS and open my laptop (17" WS) for Outlook, Explorer, etc.

Couldn't take the difference in screen size going from 24" WS to 17" WS (at the same resolution), so I went to my other-other office, and brought one of my 21" WS monitors (top pixel rows aligned)... Laptop lid stays closed now.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

craigr

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 01:51:32 PM »
I am fortunate enough to have 3 Flat Screens. Two 25" with one 21" on the right.

Because of the type of work we do, I typically have 2 CADs running with a Text Based prg on the 21". Though, there are times that I have several, (6 or more), CAD running on all 3 screens, two CAD per screen.

I am very fortunate in that my boss gives me pretty much what ever I need to improve my speed.

craigr

M-dub

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »
I am very fortunate in that my boss gives me pretty much what ever I need to improve my speed.

Except full blown AutoCAD... :evil:

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 03:08:47 PM »

*bazinga*
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Birdy

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2012, 10:56:48 AM »
Default setup is twin 21" at 1600x1200  I occasionally supplement this with a 17" laptop which I'll use to display mark-ups - gets confusing with 2 mice on the desk though!
then try this
It lets me run 4 monitors on two computers with one mouse and keyboard.  Very helpful.

GILESP

• Newt
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2012, 04:29:44 AM »
then try this
It lets me run 4 monitors on two computers with one mouse and keyboard.  Very helpful.

That looks cool, but they might start expecting twice as much work out of me..
..END OF LINE..

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 07:19:45 AM »

:blank:
CAD Tech

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
then try this
That's pretty cool.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 12:40:09 PM »
then try this
I downloaded it, I've just got to get around to getting another network cable over here so I can use it.
Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.
AEC Collection 2020 (C3D)
Win 10

LiteD

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »
24" Acer + 17" Samsung rotated, they fit perfect. 24" is a main. I'm using small one for Windows desktop and system stuff.