Author Topic: Feature Lines - Elevs from Gradings  (Read 1312 times)

dfarris75

Feature Lines - Elevs from Gradings
« on: December 23, 2008, 04:39:27 PM »
I was under the impression that if you created a feature line and checked to "assign elevs from gradings" that said feature line would adjust if you modified the elevs of the gradings you previously referenced while assigning elevs from gradings. Is this not so? It does not appear to work this way. When I raise my gradings this new grading does not raise with it.

To elaborate, I set my ffe and graded out from it for the sidewalk. Then at the bldg corner I needed the sidewalk to extend a few feet out from the building corner so I drew a 3d polyline, converted it to a feature line, and assigned elevations from the sidewalk grading. Then I used this new feature line to grade out (0%) the extra few feet. I then raised my ffe. The main sidewalk gradings adjusted properly and this new little section of sidewalk adjusted only where it connects to the main sidewalk. The part at the end of the new sidewalk grading did not.

You follow? :?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 04:43:37 PM by rustysilo »

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Feature Lines - Elevs from Gradings
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 05:13:26 PM »
this is where a raise lower Grading Group is what you wanted...in the Grading Tools....

otherwise what is the question?

If we are to understand that only the vertices adjacent to said Grading were adjusted, and the others simply dangled off in space without a clue?  Then yes we follow....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

Re: Feature Lines - Elevs from Gradings
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 10:23:03 PM »
Actually, I'm trying to figure out how you tie it all to the bldg pad. :wink:
I figured if I set the feature line to grab elevs from the grading group and then graded from there out that when I raised the pad the sidewalk would follow suit. I thought it would hold that 0% grade over the few feet. Is there a way to get it to do that?