Author Topic: where did you lurn LISP ?  (Read 9624 times)

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
Re: where did you lurn LISP ?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »
or a "double-dog-dare"???

I thought I knew a little Lisp until I started reading the stuff posted here at the Swamp.  Now I don't know it at all.

Don't feel bad, I just discovered I don't know squat about dogs.

:lmao:
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

CADaver

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2006, 12:47:01 PM »

I thought I knew a little Lisp until I started reading the stuff posted here at the Swamp.  Now I don't know it at all.

Don't feel bad, I just discovered I don't know squat about dogs.

:lmao:
ow,ow,ow hot coffee through sinus passages...

DEVITG

• Bull Frog
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 12:15:51 PM »
My first LISP book was/is a  Ron Leigh LISP course, I can not find his web page now.

He is a school teacher , and had plenty of work done about lisp and DWG to do by pupil

See how used it is , I have to change the front cover

IMHO , it is as the ABC book for first grade children

Location @ Córdoba Argentina Using ACAD 2019  at Window 10

psuchewinner

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 07:59:41 AM »

Double-Dog Dare?  I will up that and Triple-Dog-Dare you to................On a cold day......when I hear Double-Dog-Dare, I think of the movie "A Christmas Story" and the tongue to the flag pole. :-) :-)

Tramber

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 09:56:41 AM »
thanks all.... for your responses..

Unfortunatly....my english is poor..and can't find french site or book programming.,, :oops:

I have books.. from bill khramer (english) and Serge Camire (french)
But I lurn much more in this wonderful site....theswamp.

Salut Andrea.

You are maybe forgetting a great French Autolisp book named "La CAO par le menu" by Contenson (or Contensou...), it's dated of version 11 but you can still buy it online (I suppose you don't need it anymore, it is for beginners).

It is the book I started with. Then, I also bought Bill Khramer books and some others. Then I add a better access on the net and learnt through a french forum http://www.cadxp.com

Serge Camire is a (online) friend of mine. I met him IRL when he came in Europe from Canada last year. I got most of his books. Some I bought, some he offered me.
He is the best mentor I ever had.

But still, I'm not a really good Autolisper, I'm now experienced but still not very good. Basically, I'm a civil engineer, this must be the deep reason  :-)

zoltan

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2006, 02:57:49 PM »
I learned lisp a long time ago from a book called "Essential AutoLISP" by Roy Harkow.  ISBN: 0387945717

It was such a great book, but I lent it to someone and never got it back!  :cry:

Sdoman

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2006, 08:20:19 AM »
I learned lisp a long time ago from a book called "Essential AutoLISP" by Roy Harkow.  ISBN: 0387945717

It was such a great book, but I lent it to someone and never got it back!  :cry:

Essential AutoLISP is....well,  essential!  IMO the best book on the subject.

Sdoman

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2006, 08:24:12 AM »
See how used it is , I have to change the front cover

Ewww!  That's a pic of a well used book.  <scrubbing monitor>