Author Topic: Double Click Reactor  (Read 3311 times)

psuchewinner

Double Click Reactor
« on: July 31, 2006, 01:51:33 PM »
It is not very often that I have to "Throw in the Towell" but this is one of those times.  I have been trying to disect a program we have here at work and I cant seem to replicate it.  It is fired by the DoubleClick.  When a piece of text, that is generated by "our program", is double clicked on a different editor opens.  this only opens on text built by "our program".  I am guessing that a new "event" is called when it is double clicked on.  I can not open the original file since it is a compiled lisp routine.  Can anyone help?

kpblc

• Bull Frog
Re: Double Click Reactor
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 12:22:07 AM »
Check this: http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=8304.0
Code by Gary Fowler
Sorry for my English.

hendie

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:22:46 AM »
... When a piece of text, that is generated by "our program", is double clicked on a different editor opens.  this only opens on text built by "our program". 

If the different editor only opens with text created by "your program" the I would guess that "your program" is adding some identifier e.g. Xdata to the text so that it can be identified. The reactor looking for the double click event is probable searching for the Xdata and if found, opens the different editor, if not found, open in the old one

psuchewinner

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:32:06 AM »
Yeah, that is what I am thinking also but I cant get a reactor to fire. 

I have seen the code by J. Busby, and I notice that he unloads the "AcDblClkEdit.arx" but I cant get that to unload.  When I try to get the "AcDblClkEditPE.arx" to unload, I get an error that it is being used by another application.  If I try to do it manually, i.e. the "ARX" command on the command line, but it says that it is locked and cant be unloaded.  I like Busby's code but it doesn't do what I want it to do.  Any ideas on how to unload the ARX functions?

LE

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:23:53 AM »
J. Busby

Is that the last name of master James Buzbee's ?  :roll:  :lol:

psuchewinner

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:31:36 AM »
Sorry for the typo.  I am looking to unload "AcDblClkEditPE.arx"  Any ideas....anybody?

kpblc

• Bull Frog
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 09:56:25 AM »
But what's so difficult to use (arxunload)?
Sorry for my English.

psuchewinner

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 10:20:34 AM »
But what's so difficult to use (arxunload)?

When I use ARXUNLOAD, I get an error stating that it is being used by another application.  This is getting frustrating.  I cant seem to get it.

kpblc

• Bull Frog
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 12:33:43 AM »
Try to unload acdblclkedit.arx first.
Sorry for my English.

psuchewinner

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 08:26:04 AM »
Try to unload acdblclkedit.arx first.

I am able to get the AcDblClkEdit.arx to unload but it still says...
"Application 'acdblclkeditpe.arx' can't be unloaded because it's still
referenced by other application(s)."