Author Topic: The Official Swamp Wish List  (Read 40932 times)

Shinyhead

Re: The Official Swamp Wish List
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
Just so you understand, inside the publish command there is your list of drawing tabs and in that list is each of the page setups asigned to each tab.  If you select all the tabs (shift+select) the first entry can be clicked to get a dropdown list of all the available page setups. select what you want and they will all have your page setup assigned.

It takes a heck of a lot longer to explain then to actually do it. Its really a quick process!

:-P

craigr

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2008, 12:12:53 PM »
Just so you understand, inside the publish command there is your list of drawing tabs and in that list is each of the page setups asigned to each tab.  If you select all the tabs (shift+select) the first entry can be clicked to get a dropdown list of all the available page setups. select what you want and they will all have your page setup assigned.

It takes a heck of a lot longer to explain then to actually do it. Its really a quick process!

Cool! I got it.

I will have to teach this to others here. - Of course I will tell them that I figured this out myself..... (just kidding).

I appreciate the help, this will save us time plotting.

craigr

Shinyhead

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2008, 12:16:55 PM »
Another tip.  If you do have to publish a HUGE amount of seperate files at once.  Make a single big ass dwf then use your dwf viewer to plot all of them. 

ReneRam

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »
Why would you want to reverse a pline?  The only time I've had to do that was when I used Land Desktop for creating alignments.  If the pline wasn't drawn in the direction you wanted the alignment to be labeled, you'd have to reverse it using some LSP.

Never tried the "_measure" command with a block, even a small vertical line (0,0,0);(0,1,0), that's aligned over a polyline. The segment blocks are inserted aligned (perpendicular to the poly) from the first vertex to the last. If your representing a topographical border, the block vertex that touches the poly is the highest.

M-dub

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2008, 02:01:08 PM »
I wish there was a "Step Back" and "Step Forward" option for the Draworder command.

Even better would be something like a + and - button that updates the drawing realtime as you change it.

deegeecees

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2008, 09:03:53 AM »
While looking through the help files for draworder, I came across the WHIPTHREAD variable. I wish I knew about this some time ago.

M-dub

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2008, 10:46:49 AM »
The viewer (AutoVue from Cimmetry) that comes with Adept has a great 'Compare' function where you can load a couple drawings and, well, Compare them against each other.  The viewer will highlight and show only the parts of the drawings that are unique.  We don't use it all THAT often, but man, when you DO need it, it sure is nice to have.

In AutoCAD, I usually just open the files I want to compare and hold down CTRL+Tab to cycle through them and that helps, but on a really busy drawing, that doesn't quite cut it.

Kate M

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2008, 10:51:48 AM »
I wish I knew about this some time ago.
Starting a different kind of "wish list"? :-D

The viewer (AutoVue from Cimmetry) that comes with Adept has a great 'Compare' function where you can load a couple drawings and, well, Compare them against each other.  The viewer will highlight and show only the parts of the drawings that are unique.  We don't use it all THAT often, but man, when you DO need it, it sure is nice to have.

In AutoCAD, I usually just open the files I want to compare and hold down CTRL+Tab to cycle through them and that helps, but on a really busy drawing, that doesn't quite cut it.
Design Review 2009 can compare changes in vector geometry between DWFs.

M-dub

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2008, 10:54:06 AM »

Design Review 2009 can compare changes in vector geometry between DWFs.

Good to know.  Thanks Kate.  :)

deegeecees

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2008, 11:16:57 AM »
I wish I knew about this some time ago.
Starting a different kind of "wish list"? :-D

Where am I?

:-D

daron

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2008, 03:33:16 PM »
Your uncanny ability to misconstrue a statement, when you are smart enough to know the meaning, is quite amusing. But then perhaps I give you too much credit ...
I'm just reading what you're writing, if it written rotten, it's remains your writing.

First you say you zoom and pan so much you get dizzy (unless you're not "people") watching.  I ask if that's productive, seems a simple question.  You respond by saying you "zoom and pan the ENTIRE time".  I'm still curious about production.

Now if all that was merely hyperbole it begs a whole new question....

anyway to the point ...

Now to the point you missed ENTIRELY.  Which do you use MORE, Pan or Osnaps?  If its PAN, leave MBUTTONPAN set to one, if its osnaps, set it to zero.

I use pan infinitely more than osnaps .. ok that is not entirely accurate ... I have MBUTTONPAN set to 1 because I use running osnaps and for those instances where running osnaps don't suffice, I have already built the osnaps into the macros and programming that I use. I almost never enter an osnap by keyboard and infrequently use the menu for osnaps.
Then set your MBUTTONPAN to 1, the full intent of my question was to discover what you used more.
Forgot about this topic. Guess I'll drag this dead horse a little further and answer Cadaver's question. I pan and zoom a lot. Zoom still works with the wheel, but I still use "zd" (zoom dynamic) as my main zoom command. As for panning, for most people, "W" is wblock. For me WB is Wblock. "W" is reserved as pan. Why? It's just above my left ring finger. Who ever said that your pgp file had to be set up only with letters that are contained in the command you're activating? I zoom and pan probably as regular as the next guy, but I can't stand when running osnaps miss (or when I miss because I moved away too quick). A forced osnap is a good osnap, and forgiving too. If you miss, it won't accept your input, allowing you to carry on and not force you to start over or undo. Nice when it comes to being accurate AND fast.

M-dub

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2008, 03:49:58 PM »
Speaking of paths, I was just thinking about this the other day...

I didn't have a lot of time to investigate at the time and forgot to check later, but is it not possible to add a root path and have acad check all subdirectories under that one?  I thought it did... at least at one point.  Maybe I'm imagining it, but if it's not currently available, I wish it would become so.

So, 2009 still doesn't have this ability.  :(  Boo...

Birdy

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2008, 07:54:45 PM »

Just caught this.  Awesome tips Chris.  I've been doing this through the Sheet Set Manager, using page setup over-rides. 
Your way is MUCH easier.  Thanks.

You do need a page setup in the drawing for your own plotter and save it.
The only downside in this instance is bringing the setup into the drawings because it does not already exist,
Try: Page Setup manager/ Import and you can just pull it in from your .dwt file.   :wink:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »
They can also be dragged in from Design Center.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Big G

• Bull Frog
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2008, 03:02:23 AM »
why do you hate mbuttonpan set to 1?
Which do you need a heck of a lot more, osnaps or pan??

For those rare times when I need to pan frequently, I built a toggle on F12 to bounce MBUTTONPAN on and off.
Didn't see this from anyone else, but mbuttonpan set to 0 and what you ask is what you get. That's how I do it and I set my pgp file to see "w" as pan, that way I don't have to jump to the "p". "wb" is writeblock, not "w". I hate mbuttonpan set to 1.

i don't want the popup from my middle button, i dont' think i could go back to autocad w/o transparent pan from the middle button and double clicking the middle button for transparent zoom extents, such a huge timesaver.

i still use the popup (ctrl+right click) from time to time but i was hoping to be able to when drawing a line
you be able to type in like so:

Command: l
LINE Specify first point: end
of
Specify next point or [Undo]: near
to
Specify next point or [Undo]:

but to have E in place of "end" and R in place of "near" it would have to be some kind of work around with sub-commands like previous, last, etc.

just out of curiousity, why do you hate mbuttonpan set to 1?

BTW.
If you shift-right click you get the pop up yeah...notice that some of the letters are underlined...ie hit 'E' for endpt 'I' for int etcetc....

hope this helps!
I thought i seen the light at the end of the tunnel. But it was just someone with a torch bringing me more work.
"You have to accept that somedays youre the pigeon and  somedays youre the statue"