Author Topic: This Block only shows up in MSpace - NOT Layout  (Read 1039 times)

craigr

This Block only shows up in MSpace - NOT Layout
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:11:50 PM »
Okay, I have played & played - trying to figure out what is going on with this block!

We received a CAD file of a floor plan from an outside company, then 'cleaned' it of everything that we don't need.

THEN we discover that the Room Numbers only show up in Model Space, not in the Layout thru a Viewport.

I can't figure this one out!!

What am I missing?

craigr

JCTER

Re: This Block only shows up in MSpace - NOT Layout
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 04:18:16 PM »
The block containing the room number is an 'annotative block' that will only show certain contents if the SCALE of the viewport is set right.

In the SS below, you'll see at what scales it is set to appear at.  You'll see, too, that when I select the block, it shows several versions of the block at different sizes.  Each size only shows in one of those scales.  If you set it to 1/4"=1'-0" it'll show one, 1/8"=1'-0" it'll show a different one.  It's done so that it will always appear the same SIZE even if the scale changes.  If you don't have one of the preset scales set to your viewport, it won't show any of them.

craigr

Re: This Block only shows up in MSpace - NOT Layout
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 04:30:27 PM »
Believe it or not, right after I posted my original post, I found the 'Annotation Visibility' button. And thus fixed my problem.

But, I had no idea what was happening.

Now I do.

That is a wonderful explanation of what is going on and why they do it that way.

Thanks,
craigr