Author Topic: Some Good News From A New Blog By An Old Friend  (Read 1443 times)

Dinosaur

Some Good News From A New Blog By An Old Friend
« on: February 24, 2009, 08:18:42 PM »
I don't comment much about Civil 3D any more but this has the potential to be some very good news . . . in a couple ways.
A new source of information is always a good thing, especially if it is provided by someone who knows his or her stuff . . . well this it all of that in spades and perhaps even "no trump".

"scout" has not been around here very much lately, but it seems she has started A NEW BLOG and has within the first week posted what may be the most important advancement for promoting Civil 3D into general use than any of the yearly release updates to date.  She is reporting in one of her first entries that the state of Wisconsin, in addition to adopting Civil 3D has made their Civil 3D template available for download to the public on their web site.  I have not looked at this thing yet, but if it is in fact a full functioning Civil 3D template able to create design documents acceptable to a reviewing agency it is a HUGE step forward that has been a stumbling point for many shops trying to get moving with Civil 3D.

Thank you Wisconsin for deciding to share the wealth of your hard work and thank you "scout" for breaking the news.  If you want the template I will just let you follow the link from her blog.  Congratulations "scout" the blog already looks like a winner.

dfarris75

Re: Some Good News From A New Blog By An Old Friend
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:16:19 PM »
Dude that's sweet! I hope FDOT does the same thing.

I am starting to get personal with the part builder now and if I can get it down I'll hopefully be working on a catalog of our local standards. That is unless someone else already has this done and is willing to share. Is there anyone in Jacksonville, FL. who has done this?

Bakerman

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »

Thanks, I can use all the help I can get!  :-)

scout

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 03:42:25 AM »
Thank you Wisconsin for deciding to share the wealth of your hard work and thank you "scout" for breaking the news.  If you want the template I will just let you follow the link from her blog.  Congratulations "scout" the blog already looks like a winner.

You are welcome. I hope I can continue to get you information that is helpful, useful and insightful. And have some fun.