Author Topic: Educational Plot Stamp  (Read 8371 times)

kim

Educational Plot Stamp
« on: September 09, 2004, 03:50:56 PM »
Okay, Here's the problem,  I am trying to layout a new job using a plan form another office,  I Xrefed the plan into my drawing and basically "traced" over the stuff I needed with a pline.  Now, however, I have a problem in that my drawing now has an "education plot stamp" in it that I don't know how to get rid of :x .  I tried creating a new drawing and copying my stuff into it, I made a wblock of my plines and tried to insert those into the new drawing, and I also tried purging, and removing the xref, none of which worked :cry: .  So if anyone has a suggestion as to how I can fix this without having to re-draw everything, or even avoid this problem in the future, I would really appreciate it!  :)

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 03:53:16 PM »
I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but are you using a Student version of AutoCAD?

kim

Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 03:57:32 PM »
No, I am not using an educational version of AutoCad, that's just it, I think the people who sent me the architectural drawing may be, so when I xref it into my drawing that is when it happens.  But when I called the Architect who sent me the drawing, they seem to have no clue.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 04:18:04 PM »
DXF out the dwg.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

kim

Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 04:36:04 PM »
Okay, I am a moron, I have no idea what that is or how to do it. :oops:
They only let us out to eat and bathe once in awhile, we are not allowed to learn new tricks :D

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 04:40:43 PM »
Can you send a copy of the dwg (or a sample block of the offending drawing) to look at?
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

kim

Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 04:47:14 PM »
Sure, where do I send it?

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 04:48:47 PM »
Quote from: kim
Okay, I am a moron, I have no idea what that is or how to do it. :oops:
They only let us out to eat and bathe once in awhile, we are not allowed to learn new tricks :D

File -> SaveAS
In the "Save as type:" Drop down box choose "DXF".
Close your drawing and open the DXF up
Save the file as a drawing (DWG format).

Donate to TheSwamp.org

kim

Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 05:11:08 PM »
thank you!! it worked great, the only thing different I had to do to make it work was open the drawing in Autocad 2000 (instead of 2004) and make the dxf there.  thank you again!!

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 05:31:04 PM »
No problem.

Really why?

Donate to TheSwamp.org

hendie

Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 03:25:07 AM »
I'd also make sure you do that with the original you recieved and any drawing that might have touched it in some way otherwise you'll get the educational plot stamp infecting everything.
also, inform the person that sent it to you in the first place.~ If they have it in that drawing, chances are they will have it in others. Autodesk doesn't take kindly to the educational version being used commercially !

ryandk

a couple more solutions
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 10:15:56 AM »
We had this problem last march with a bunch of our drawings (most likely from a block).  At any rate, I found a couple of solutions.

sol 1.  xref "infected" drawing into a new, clean file.  Bind xref.   Sol 2.  Use a program from Manusoft called Edu-Scan.  Open the infected file.  When eduscan asks whether to abort or continue choose abort.  Close cad.  Open cad. Recover file.   Plot stamp should be gone.

I hope this helps anyone in the future.  Autodesk was many things except cooperative, when we called (for somewhat obvious reasons).  What I dont' understand is if I a company calls with this problem, and you know that they have oh, say 180 licenses why not throw them a bone.  If you don't want to let your secret out then at least tell one of our consultants who is working with you and have him fix it.  Oh well.  enjoy.

Ryan

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 11:19:18 AM »
Kim sent me a file yesterday without the attached xrefs and I did not get the educational plotstamp in A2k4, which leads me to believe it is a problem with the xref itself.

Personally I would like to have someone send me a file that indeed does produce the educational plot stamp, just to see why this is an issue in full registered versions of AutoCAD.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 11:47:01 AM »
Keith,
I have never seen this either, but it's my understanding that it is only seen when the drawing is plotted. You may already know this, but it wasn't clear from your post......

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
Educational Plot Stamp
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 12:02:20 PM »
Yes I know it is only when it is plotted, and I tried a number of different plotting settings when I received the file from Kim, of course I plotted it from A2k4 and it may have been resolved in 2004. I don't know ... just for posterity though I would like to get a small file for research.