Author Topic: LT Add-on, 3rd Party software  (Read 105268 times)

M-dub

Re: LT Add-on, 3rd Party software
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2008, 09:53:37 AM »
This whole thread is a challenge.

CADaver

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2008, 09:55:04 AM »
It assumes that someone is stealing something or breaking the law in someway.
I've made no claims to the legality of the activity in any way.  You and I both know the intent of LT was to provide a less robust tool at a less robust price.  Autodesk complied with customer wishes in this direction.  If you wish the features of the full version, then buy the full version.

No one here has be able to prove to me that if I use one of these product that I am
in fact doing anything other that making my life easier.
The EULA has been posted several times.

LTX from Owen W has been around for a long time and many of his apps are available on LT.
But even Owen stopped upgrading his LTX in the US at version 3.3, and has, instead of tracking that particular legal battle, chosen to engage in fighting Autodesk of the use of the DWG format.  While he is a respected programmer, his affiliation with Autodesk is, at the very best, estranged.

CADaver

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2008, 09:56:06 AM »
That is a less than a convincing analogy.

No one here has be able to prove to me that if I use one of these product that I am

You gas analogy could be turned on you when the manufacture tells you that you
can only use the gas in your mower. The same gas for the car will be $2.00 extra
and if you put the mower gas in the car you are breaking the law.

Well if the manufacturer has an EULA that says you can only use their gas in a mower, then it would be breaking the law. Because it's the manufacturer's gas, and they are providing you their product/service under their own specific conditions. Same as LT. RK quoted the EULA that specifically states you cannot enable the disabled portions of this particular software. How you are skewing the context of that contract is beyond me. You are simply locked in to the thought that it's not wrong, no matter what the contract says for the use of LT.  :ugly:

And if you don't challenge anything you will become a Moron!

And sometimes you are, even when you do....

Josh Nieman

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2008, 09:59:03 AM »
That is a less than a convincing analogy.

You gas analogy could be turned on you when the manufacture tells you that you
can only use the gas in your mower. The same gas for the car will be $2.00 extra
and if you put the mower gas in the car you are breaking the law.

Well if the manufacturer has an EULA that says you can only use their gas in a mower, then it would be breaking the law. Because it's the manufacturer's gas, and they are providing you their product/service under their own specific conditions. Same as LT. RK quoted the EULA that specifically states you cannot enable the disabled portions of this particular software. How you are skewing the context of that contract is beyond me. You are simply locked in to the thought that it's not wrong, no matter what the contract says for the use of LT.  :ugly:

That is... somewhat true... in a way... a bit... ok well, I get your point, and I agree, that to not challenge things is lame.  However... to think that just because you challenge, that you are entitled to victory makes for the bigger fool.

M-dub

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2008, 10:00:16 AM »
If you wish the features of the full version, then buy the full version.

Exactly.  This is the right thing to do.  No matter how you look at it.  You might not like it, but that's the way it is.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »

Even so you must still follow the law.

Gazza

« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2008, 10:58:37 AM »

Exactly.  This is the right thing to do.  No matter how you look at it.  You might not like it, but that's the way it is.

The right thing to do is follow your own dream!

M-dub

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2008, 11:07:07 AM »

I would get into a lot of trouble if I followed all of my dreams.

It's another way of saying, "No, that's not the right thing to do."

Josh Nieman

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »

:lmao:

I want to have my way with Angelina Jolie, but something tells me it's not the "right" thing to do if there ends up being a restraining order involved!!

I'm starting to see why he got banned

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2008, 11:20:44 AM »

You seem familiar.  :? :-D

Josh Nieman

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2008, 11:24:30 AM »

You seem familiar.  :? :-D

haha, I knew where that link went before I even clicked it.

CADaver

« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2008, 12:07:48 PM »

Without regard to the dreams of others?

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2008, 12:11:15 PM »
Quote from: M-dub
I guess I meant more like it would be nice if you could 'build' your AutoCAD before it's shipped to you like you can do when 'building' a Dell.  "Ok, I want this, this, this and this.  I don't need all that other stuff."

If they did that, then there would be a new thread here about how to unlock the portions of AutoCAD that you did not purchase...  :-)

Josh Nieman

« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »
I guess I meant more like it would be nice if you could 'build' your AutoCAD before it's shipped to you like you can do when 'building' a Dell.  "Ok, I want this, this, this and this.  I don't need all that other stuff."

If they did that, then there would be a new thread here about how to unlock the portions of AutoCAD that you did not purchase...  :-)

touche!

CADaver

« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »

touche!
Mamma, he touche'd me!!! ... oops wrong forum...