Author Topic: Autocad - Hidden shademode shows tangential lines  (Read 5704 times)

CADaver

Re: Autocad - Hidden shademode shows tangential lines
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 08:38:18 AM »
Sorry Josh, it's been that way a long time and there's nothing I've found that will make 'em go away. :cry:  My 3D steel routine leaves the fillets out.

Wait, let me guess... you just have a LSP that draws the shape directly from the spreadsheet included with the AISC Steel Manual cd, huh?

I'm thinking I may need to do that... or find one online that already has o.0
Good guess.  The first one I built, twenty years ago, I had to buy the list from AISC for a hundred bucks, now it comes with the book.

CADaver

Re: Autocad - Hidden shademode shows tangential lines
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 08:42:09 AM »
I think I've found a good routine that doesn't include the fillets.... after trying 5 others out.

It creates polyface meshes, not 3dsolids.. which sucks.
large

On the plus side, I can use a simple stretch command if I need to lengthen or shorten the beam... on the down side, you can't COPE the beam, by simple subtracting a solid from it... and we do mostly welded connections since we serve offshore companies with a whole lot of welders on staff.
R2007 allows push-pulling solids, that's the direction I use.

I uh... hmph... man this is no fun.  I'm going to have to make my own I think.  Man I don't time for this.  I'm going to have to use the dang solprof command to get these drawings out....
gack....

or I guess the smarter thing is to remove the fillet from the beams...
bingo

luckily they are two, small, platforms... bleh...
Thank goodness for small favors.