Author Topic: LT Add-on, 3rd Party software  (Read 104842 times)

CADaver

Re: LT Add-on, 3rd Party software
« Reply #270 on: March 24, 2008, 01:05:32 PM »
If you were a true businessman you would not have to tell us.

The figures of LT versus Full are widely known a simple check on Ralph's
page will confirm this.

Then the documentation should be quite easy for you to provide. 
Ralph??

http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2008/03/autodesk-instal.html
Ahh Grabo's site

From his site:
AutoCAD LT -- 3,680,000
Stand-alone AutoCAD -- 2,857,000
AutoCAD Architecture -- 539,000
AutoCAD Map 3D -- 264,000
AutoCAD Mechanical -- 237,000
According to my math, that's 3,680,000 LT users vs 3,897,000 full-featured users.   hmmm... you seem to be a couple hundred thousand users short.  Oh, or are you unaware that the verticals include the full featured application??

Gazza

« Reply #271 on: March 24, 2008, 01:22:46 PM »
Your not doing youself any favours here. If you did not realise it you are posting
on an LT discussion group. Do you not get it they don't want the rubbish that
you submit

Bob Wahr

« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2008, 01:23:31 PM »

Ask a question get an answer!

Not true.  I can show you quite a few questions that were asked directly to you by numerous people in this thread and you have yet to answer a single one of them.

O.K What is your question?

Because you cannot read!
Go back through the preceding 18 pages.  You have been asked numerous times to provide anything that supports any of your opinions.  You fail to do so.  Documentation is provided that refutes what you say.  Your only rebuttal is that it's wrong.  You are asked to provide any evidence to the contrary and the closest you come is to say that there are a bazillion websites that agree with you.  At least you finally provided a link to back up one of your assertions, even if it was the least topical of them.  Oh yeah, and it showed that you were wrong.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2008, 01:40:33 PM »
Here's a few:

Are you seriously trying to say that LT with a lisp enabler is more powerful than ACAD?
Somehow I don't think that you get it.

Then maybe you should explain what it is you actually ARE trying to say?

LTextender were taken to a German court by AD for an entirely different reason.

At the time that were inciting people to download a full version (trail) and then they would
use those DLL. Once they stopped doing this the case fizzled away and they where paid
hush money. Hence they still exist today.
And yet, they haven't upated since 2004.  I wonder why.
So how does that make it illegal and what part of the EULA do you think it breaks?
Bolding mine

From LT-Extender documentation
LT-Extender 2000 Plus for AutoCAD© LT 2000 (or higher) is the most advanced software for customising
AutoCAD© LT. Using several advanced technologies, LT-Extender 2000 Plus offers the unique power to
break through (nearly) all AutoCAD© LT limitations – activating and enabling hidden features,
emulating nonexisting
features and providing easy-to-use interface, users will get AutoCAD© power running AutoCAD© LT !

Quote from: AutoCAD LT 2008 EULA
You may not utilize any equipment, device, software or other means designed to circumvent or remove any usage restrictions, or to enable functionality disabled by Autodesk in connection with the Excluded Materials.

Now maybe you can enlighten us on how this doesn't violate the EULA.

You are quoting a dead site from that time when it was trouble
that was part of the pay off deal that you have been suckered into believing.

This product is alive and well among others and your assumption and postings
are misinformed.

Could you then provide something credible other than your vague and defensive statements so that we can LEARN something?

We're not trying to attack you, we're trying to find the truth.  Are you here to just raise a fuss, or actually provide some information?

You are quoting a dead site from that time when it was trouble
that was part of the pay off deal that you have been suckered into believing.

This product is alive and well among others and your assumption and postings
are misinformed.

I think Bob and others are being very patient with you, and trying very hard to give you the benefit of the doubt.  Perhaps you could consider rewarding their good faith by laying off the rhetoric and providing some actual information to support your claims.  For that matter, how about explaining exactly what your claims are.

I still haven't figure out what point you are trying to make.  It sounded, at one point, as if you were making the claim that LT with a programming API enabler could do things that full-blown AutoCAD can't do, or at least do the same things better or more quickly.  Are you making that claim?  Can we set aside the licensing issue for a moment, and just answer that question.

Does the LT Extender unlock aspects of LT?  Or does it recreate a bunch of those aspects?

deegeecees

« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2008, 01:43:21 PM »
What about mine. It was quite simple.

Why are you here?

Gazza

« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »

Why are you here?

Mine first You obviously do not use LT so why are you here!

deegeecees

« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »
I use LT when I need to...

Your turn.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2008, 02:07:27 PM »

Why are you here?

I am CADD Support for a number of LT users.

Now it's your turn to answer questions, like you said you would.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »

Why are you here?

Nice.  Again, a really quick glance at Josh's post gave me 9 questions that directly pertain to this topic.  Instead of addressing any of them, you choose number 10 and then evade it instead of answering.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2008, 02:22:11 PM »
I hate to stop all the fun but .... let us move on before this thread becomes one big pile of steaming goo.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

deegeecees

« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2008, 02:24:25 PM »
I've run out of popcorn anyway. I second the motion.

Gazza

« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2008, 02:54:03 PM »
I hate to stop all the fun but .... let us move on before this thread becomes one big pile of steaming goo.

Your site your call!

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2008, 03:44:25 PM »
Hehhehhehhuh.....  You said Goo

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #283 on: March 24, 2008, 04:47:31 PM »
I have several questions that I think beg asking ...

Autodesk has specifically stated that unlocking and enabling features in LT is a violation of the EULA. Lets presume this means what it says ... any feature in AutoCAD LT, but turned off is a violation to turn it on.

We have now come to the point where one might ask and indeed it has been asked several times ... What features have been turned off and disabled in AutoCAD LT? Lets presume then that lisp processing and loading arx has been disabled and turned off. It would thus be a violation to utilize any code or device to enable AutoCAD LT to process lisp and load arx modules.

Ok, so now we are left with what can we do, both legally and ethically. Since the DMCA specifically infers that it is lawful to use programs in conjunction with AutoCAD LT, we must ask then does LT Extender and other similar programs enable AutoCAD LT to load arx and process lisp programs. If the answer to this is yes, then we simply stop here .. using these programs is a violation of the EULA, although likely not unlawful under the spirit of the DMCA.

Then is there any possibility, no matter how small, that a person might utilize a program similar to LT Extender to be able to utilize lisp and arx programs in AutoCAD LT. I think there is ... Let me explain my thought process ...

If we presume the functionality is there, then we are barred from turning it on, however there is nothing unlawful or unethical about recreating the functionality using portions of the program that are not turned off and disabled. So, lets say I am familiar with the internal workings of the core AutoCAD engine ... I could thus utilize the portion of the code which writes the objects to the drawing, queries the drawings, and otherwise interoperates with the drawing without ever turning on any disabled features.

If the functionality is not there, then the argument is based on a comparison that AutoCAD LT is different from full blown AutoCAD. Fair enough ... then is it unlawful or unethical to cause AutoCAD LT to act as though it is the full version of AutoCAD? I think the answer to this question is a resounding no. To make a similar comparison would be akin to telling a user that they may not utilize any functionality in notepad that would cause it to function similarly to Word.

One might argue that if a user wanted Word functionality then they should purchase Word ... except that Notepad is provided at no additional cost to the user and this handy dandy program makes Notepad all the rage.

If we apply the same thought process to AutoCAD, one would believe then that if a computer is able to make AutoCAD LT function the same as full AutoCAD without utilizing code specifically turned off, regardless if the feature "could" be turned on would be both legal and ethical.

Personally I think that any contention that a person should buy full AutoCAD if they want more features than AutoCAD LT supplies is misplaced.

So, the final question is whether AutoCAD LT has portions that are turned off and/or disabled. So far, I have no credible evidence to suggest it does ... and if it does, what those features might be. Comparing one product against another merely shows that the features of the products are different, just as Word is different from Wordpad which is different from Notepad, which is different from Edit.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #284 on: March 24, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »
The one flaw I see in your thinking is that the EULA also says you can not circumvent the process that are turned off.  Wouldn't having a program that mimics the processes in LT be circumventing those that are turned off?