Author Topic: Importing xref layer states  (Read 3041 times)

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
Importing xref layer states
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:17:43 PM »
If there is such a routine, it sure would have been great over the past 2 days. Maybe someone has a routine gathering dust  :-)

What I'm after is a routine that would import the layer status, (layer state would be a poor choice of words), from another dwg by picking the xref, either from a list, or selecting the xref. What I done over the course of the past two days, besides allot ddedit, is freeze one stamp, thaw another and freeze/thaw the submittal percentage, all from a border xref, on a heck of allot of dwgs. I found this:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=11180.0

(hope that link works), but got the ole "unknown command" reply. Being of limited knowledge I tried to appload both the .dvd and .lsp files w/o luck.

Now for the apology. I know its not right to ask for outright favors, but before anyone replies be forewarned.
I know zippolo about lsp's or any coding  :oops:.  So if anyone is so kind as to volunteer, I'll probably be following up with some pretty amateur questions. :roll:

Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

VVA

• Newt
Re: Importing xref layer states
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 02:49:48 AM »
How about use Express Layer Manager?
1. Select in command _Layer your Xref filter. (check the box "Apply to Layer toolbar" is on)
2. Use Express Lman (Express->Layer->Layer manager) command to save and export layer state
3. In other drawing use import option.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:24:32 AM by VVA »

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 07:09:47 AM »
To use the routine posted all you need to do is copy the files, both the lsp and dvb, into AutoCAD's support path.  Now use 'appload to load the lsp file.  Type "jbLayerStates" at the command line.  What happens?
James Buzbee
Windows 8

PHX cadie

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 03:31:41 PM »
How about use Express Layer Manager?

Thought of that, but unless I'm missing an option under layer manager, importing/exporting a "layer state" would not work. I didn't think there was a way to specify certain layers or say a certain xref.
For example I have 2 dwgs, 1 Mechanical, 1 Structural. Both have the "border" and a "Bldg" xref'd into each. On the Struc sheet the Bldg rebar shows, but is froze on the Mech sheet. I believe if I imported layer states (without the ability to specify only the "border" layers) then the rebar layer would then show on the M sheet.
Thanks for the lsp link!
jbuzbee - I'll be back.  (One of my brothers best friends is named J Buzbee, but he's in the news biz, I think (?). Would you be from Hutch?)
Acad 2013 and XM
Back when High Tech meant you had an adjustable triangle

VVA

• Newt
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 04:49:37 AM »