Author Topic: (AutoCAD LT) What did I miss?  (Read 7766 times)

jnieman

Re: What did I miss?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 10:39:56 AM »
To see a list of what's available in AutoCAD vs. AutoCAD LT, click here and then click on the "AutoCAD vs. AutoCAD LT 2009 Comparison Matrix" link.  It appears you can at least extract data from attributes in LT, so I would think that attributes are available, anyway.

/FWIW

*thumbs up icon here*

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »
My question is more for my curiosity than anything else - (Just trying to learn more).

What I am going to do is paste it over the OLD Walls and erase the old. Once they are erased, I will explode the block and put it all on the same layer as the rest of the floorplan.

Thanks for taking the time to look though,

craigr

What I've done in the past when I've received updated backgrounds, was to temporarily change the current background file to red, then xref the updated background, change the color of all entities to blue, then do a visual scan of what's changed and what hasn't.  Then just as a double-check, I'll send the updated background to the back and do another visual scan of what's changed.  Depending on the severity of the change, you might be able to get away with simply stretching/moving existing entities as opposed to erasing/copying/pasting parts from one file to another.  It all depends.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

craigr

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 10:45:06 AM »
That is kinda what I am doing.

Unfortunately the owner has several different contractors work on his bldg. and doesn't keep a running floorplan up to date with all of the changes. So, when he wants work done, 'SOME' of the then past changes are reflected in our floor plan and some are not. So, I can't simply take the NEW floorplan and replace my old one.

I know it's kinda confusing to understand.

We do the best we can to show accuracy and use what we are given.

craigr

Kate M

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 12:57:47 PM »
Attsync must be a FULL version thing. LT Doesn't recognize it.

craigr

no way!?

I'm working on it!

jnieman

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 01:00:13 PM »

Kate M

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »
I copied to Win Clipboard part of a floor plan from one dwg with a bunch of 'crap' that I didn't need such as labels, etc...
Next time, don't copy the 'crap'. :) Simplistic, I know, but once you've got an attribute in an LT block, it's hard to get it out. Turn the layers off, or use Quick Select to filter out attributes/text.

craigr

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 02:04:48 PM »
Like I said earlier, this question was more for my curiosity than anything else.

I worked around it.

craigr