Author Topic: (AutoCAD LT) What did I miss?  (Read 7826 times)

craigr

(AutoCAD LT) What did I miss?
« on: September 16, 2008, 09:42:54 AM »
I copied to Win Clipboard part of a floor plan from one dwg with a bunch of 'crap' that I didn't need such as labels, etc...

I then pasteclipped it into my older floorplan. My intent is to update the old floorplan with the new proposed floorplan changes. So I pasted it in, (without exploding it), then used the Block Editor to go in a erase the labels, etc.

When I closed Block editor, all of the 'stuff' is still there. If I go into Block Editor again, it IS gone. It seems that the 'block' isn't updating its view.

What am I missing?

craigr

jnieman

Re: What did I miss?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »
not sure as to the specifics, but what happens why you fire "attsync" on that block?

craigr

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:02:21 AM »
Attsync must be a FULL version thing. LT Doesn't recognize it.

craigr

jnieman

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:07:27 AM »

craigr

no way!?

You have attributes and attributed blocks in LT, though, right?

from CAD Forum.cz

Q - question     
Globally change attribute text size.
A - answer    You have scaled your drawing for printing and now you want to scale your block attributes up or down (bigger/smaller).

Use the REFEDIT or BEDIT command (editor) on your blocks to modify the text size of their attributes. Save the block editor changes. Then use ATTSYNC to perform the changes on all existing block references and resize the texts. You can also use the BATTMAN command (with the Sync option) or the old ATTREDEF.

In AutoCAD LT, you will need to perform the changes individually - with ATTEDIT.

craigr

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 10:08:50 AM »

craigr

no way!?

You have attributes and attributed blocks in LT, though, right?

I have no idea - I know nothing about them. I have read of them in other posts, but never looked to see what they are.

craigr

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 10:16:05 AM »
not sure as to the specifics, but what happens why you fire "attsync" on that block?

If I were me (which I am), I would try RESETBLOCK.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

craigr

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 10:17:43 AM »
Well it does recognize 'Resetblock', but it didn't update it.

craigr

jnieman

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 10:18:06 AM »

If I were me (which I am), I would try RESETBLOCK.

Too lazy to look in help, but wouldn't that put the default value in those text entities?  That may be worse.  (worth a shot though, I usually leave default blank on my blocks)

jnieman

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 10:18:37 AM »
Well, sorry Craig, I'm a non-LT'er... I guess I'm out of my element.

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 10:21:06 AM »
Well, sorry Craig, I'm a non-LT'er... I guess I'm out of my element.
Me too... never stopped me from giving advice/suggestions/comments on something I know little to nothing about!!   :roll:

Shot in the dark.... Does that block of pasted stuff already reside in the drawing?  Does the same thing happen when you paste into a new drawing?  Has the source drawing been purged/audited/saved/copied/pasted?
Autodesk Expert Elite

craigr

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »
If I understand what you are asking......

I copied the same block to a NEW dwg and all of the 'garbage' is still there - until I explode it.

Okay, I have attached the block - un-exploded.

When you open it, see all of the ???? - Then explode it and they will go away.

Why?

craigr

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 10:32:23 AM »
Okay... You win!

That's really odd.  If I try ATTSYNC it tells me "This drawing contains no attributed blocks".  However... if I double-click on it, it brings up the Enhanced Attribute Editor with plenty of attributes (apparently) and they also show up in the Properties palette.  And if I use the Express Tools BURST command, the "non-existant" attributes remain as individual pieces of text.  I also did a RECOVER on the drawing and it didn't show any error messages.  Not quite sure what you've got there.  I guess you can always explode it then "re-block" the entities that are left.
Autodesk Expert Elite

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
Interesting... I have the drawing open, didn't touch the existing block of "garbage" and then inserted the A$C4A9B5FC8 block and now I have two blocks with the same name in the drawing: one with attributes, one without.   :-o  :?
Autodesk Expert Elite

craigr

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 10:35:10 AM »
My question is more for my curiosity than anything else - (Just trying to learn more).

What I am going to do is paste it over the OLD Walls and erase the old. Once they are erased, I will explode the block and put it all on the same layer as the rest of the floorplan.

Thanks for taking the time to look though,

craigr

M-dub

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 10:38:33 AM »
To see a list of what's available in AutoCAD vs. AutoCAD LT, click here and then click on the "AutoCAD vs. AutoCAD LT 2009 Comparison Matrix" link.  It appears you can at least extract data from attributes in LT, so I would think that attributes are available, anyway.

/FWIW