Author Topic: Text w/ 3D Face - problem  (Read 4093 times)

Josh Nieman

Re: Text w/ 3D Face - problem
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 05:21:55 PM »
turn off GROUP Select.

ah, der... it's not a variable saved per drawing, it's in the registry... ok nm... that's what I thought was weird, was that we both opened the same drawing and got differing results.  Guess that should have triggered something in my head. 

So yea... like someone else said... used as wipeouts, hence the edges set to 'hidden' instead of 'visible'

...I was wondering why I couldn't select the face...

Gael

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 05:22:10 PM »
when I copied and pasted, it got rid of the 3D face....so that got solved....

ok, so he used a 3D face as a mask, but how did it attach to the piece of text?

as far as the north arrow, it will get stripped out and a standard block will get put in.

in the same drawing I have another section very similar to this piece and the text was just plain text and the lines were actually trimmed out of the text....go figure...

Gael

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 05:23:51 PM »
Gael,

The issue seems to be that previous user employed a 3d face instead of a TEXTMASK object. Futher their process created numerous unnamed groups to keep those faces and text objects 'locked' together.
There is most likely a MAP process we could use to strip out those unwanted faces, and or groups.

oops missed the "locked together part...
Thanks Michael

Gael

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »
FYI, I am using 2008....

Gael

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 05:27:22 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help and input....
It was very much appreciated!!

Josh Nieman

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »
It was just made as a group, though I don't know how it was made to be an anonymous group that you cannot edit/view via GROUP.... though I am not 100% in with the intricacies of groups... tend not to use them here.

Lin-Z

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 05:43:32 PM »
Just checked the settings of the Express Tool TEXTMASK.  It lets you make them out of Wipeouts (raster images), Solids or 3DFaces.  The tool groups the objects together for you.

Gael

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 05:47:17 PM »
Yep, it was done by textmask.....
Finally figured that out...
I have used textmask in the past (and this is not my doing)
but never saw a 3D face go in....

The reason I didn't pick up on the mask part was because the line wasn't masked behind the text...even if you work with draw order....

Sorry everyone....

it is interesting though that if you copyclip it that that does remove your 3D face....

things that make ya go hmmmm.....

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 07:05:35 AM »
When I copy and paste into a new drawing the 3D face is still there. It's just not associated with the text anymore. After you paste, select all. You will see the 3D face listed in the properties box.
CAD Tech

Lin-Z

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »
Just and FYI cause it hasn't been mentioned or I was just too lazy to read throroughly - With Object Grouping off run QSELECT, grab all the 3D Faces and Erase.