Author Topic: Your opinion ( survey question )  (Read 4953 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Your opinion ( survey question )
« on: August 26, 2005, 12:01:46 PM »
Mind you I don't need this information, just thought it would be fun to see what others might come up with.

TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dent Cermak

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 12:53:01 PM »
YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO USE THE 25 FOOT RADIUS, UNLESS THERE IS OTHER POsESSION EVIDENCE ON THE GROUND. (i hate caps lock!!!!!) You must "retrace" the line per plat of record.
You have to apply a 25' radius curve between the found corner irons. Then either use "curve solver" or set up a curve label routine like I have done with my "showall' label that labels all of the curve data for you, Delta, Length, Tan, Radius, Chord Bearing and Chord Distance (computed or 'Survey") in order to comply with your state requirements under the Florida Minimum Technical Standards (Chapter 16 Florida Administrative Code, Chapter 61G17-6, Paragraph 61G17-6.0031(e)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:57:58 PM »
How would you label it Dent?

Dent Cermak

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 01:13:17 PM »
Anytime that you are retracing a subdivision plat or any other document of record, you should note ALL differences found. In the example shown above, say that chord distance works out to be 49.55 feet instrad of the 47.21 feet, then that line would be labeled:
Chord Distance = 49.55' (Survey)
                          47.21' (Plat)

All other variences would be likewise labeled. If you get into a bunch of ALTA/ACSM surveys, you get this pounded into your head. In the last change to our state regs this became a new requirement. This was caused by everybody using GPS and showing bearings referenced to the State Plane Coordinate System. That doesn't match the old magnetic or the "I think North is this way" systems.
It makes you double label a ton of stuff, but you are showing record and what you found so the relationship between the two is established.

Dinosaur

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 01:49:05 PM »
Just to elaborate on Dent's comments . . .
I would give full curve information on both of those curves as Dent stated and in addition I would add either an initial tangent bearing or a radius bearing for the longer curve at their intersection point to clarify that it is NOT a reverse curve.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 02:36:59 PM »
Quote from: Dent Cermak
Chord Distance = 49.55' (Survey)
 47.21' (Plat)

In this example what's labeled as "(P)" are the only plat dimensions. So would you calc the the chord based on plat dimensions and show it as (P)?

Dinosaur

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 02:48:36 PM »
The only platted info you have for that curve is the radius therefor I would show all of its information as measured based on the found pins.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 03:00:41 PM »
What we do is show platted info then measured for the chord and chord bearing because you *normally* can't measure the radius or length in the field. Sometimes we show (calculated) dimensions as well.

On this one I show
25' radius (P)
Chord 27.41 (M)
Chord bearing S whatever E (M)

Dinosaur

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 03:05:06 PM »
That works - I prefer to show a delta angle as well but that defines it better than when you got it.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 06:57:12 PM »
Florida lays out the required curve data pretty plainly in the regulations that I listed earlier, however I have noted that those regulations are the MINIMUM standard requirements, so I have set up the AutoCad lable menu to label the Length, Tan, Delta, Radius, Chord Bearing and Chord Distance on all of my curves. Those items that are different are labeled APS (as per survey) and deed or plat data are shown as APR (as per record). It's extra effort but it clears the air and makes the closing attorneys and title insurance companies smile.

If anybody wants a copy of the label set up that I have called 'showall' I will be glad to provide it. All you have to do is copy it to the labels folder and it will show up in your pull down menu all ready to go.

Dinosaur

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 06:59:45 PM »
Dent,
I would like to have a copy of that If you wouldn't mind.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 07:06:35 PM »
Look for showall.crs in my folder on the Lily Pond. If you can't get it there send me your email address in a PM and I will send it to you directly.
Anyone else that wants it, feel free to download it. Hope it helps.

One trick: uncheck the box about align the text with the curve. that will set it out level. Normally it bends the text along the curve which is fine on a big curve, but just awful on little curves.

sourdough

• Bull Frog
my 2 cents
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 09:15:06 PM »
I agree with all the above comments and add this:
this curve is not a compound curve in a comment to alert the
unknowning of an obvious cogo error. A record plat rules. It could
have done by a lawyer like I have seen in WV or NC. Expect odd things
when non-surveyors right legals and then get replated.

Mike
LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit