Author Topic: Dynamic block examples  (Read 21347 times)

Josh Nieman

Re: Dynamic block examples
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 05:17:41 PM »
dude.  crap in a can, that's cool... I went to see if that was the same for "tframes' command... and it doesn't even list TFRAMES in the help file :-o  I'll just keep using imageframes from now on... that works for wipeouts too?  the help file seemed to insinuate that it's only for referenced images.

uh... ^-^...as long as you keep the can...

TFRAMES is part of the Express Tools.  It controls the system var 'imageframe'.  All TFRAMES does is turn the frame either on or off.  In order to get the third option you have to issue the imageframe command at the command line.

that explains why I didn't find it in the help file... I didn't look in the express tools help.

This is kind of silly... why update imageframe and not tframes.... actually... why HAVE 'tframes' ?

whdjr

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 05:24:22 PM »
dude.  crap in a can, that's cool... I went to see if that was the same for "tframes' command... and it doesn't even list TFRAMES in the help file :-o  I'll just keep using imageframes from now on... that works for wipeouts too?  the help file seemed to insinuate that it's only for referenced images.

uh... ^-^...as long as you keep the can...

TFRAMES is part of the Express Tools.  It controls the system var 'imageframe'.  All TFRAMES does is turn the frame either on or off.  In order to get the third option you have to issue the imageframe command at the command line.

that explains why I didn't find it in the help file... I didn't look in the express tools help.

This is kind of silly... why update imageframe and not tframes.... actually... why HAVE 'tframes' ?

The Express Tools are not 'supported' thus they don't get updated like we wish they would.  Actually I don't think they have been updated (except for version control) since R2000.  It does seem like the more popular ones eventually get integrated in the base product though.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 05:37:22 PM »
But the imageframe has no affect on the a wipeout though it is a raster image. 

I just tried it with a wipeout but got nothing.  Hopefully I did something wrong.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Josh Nieman

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 05:49:20 PM »
But the imageframe has no affect on the a wipeout though it is a raster image. 

I just tried it with a wipeout but got nothing.  Hopefully I did something wrong.

That's what I was wondering... for some reason I think I remember doing a couple different things and telling myself to always use TFRAMES.

I have a bad habit of knowing that there is a reason I am doing something a certain way... and forgetting why. 

whdjr

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 06:33:44 PM »
A wipeout is a polygonal area that hides whats under it when it is turned off.  It only has a frame so it can be selectable.  An image has a frame to make it selectable not to hide things under it.  They are two different objects with a small amount of overlap.  Sorry if there was any confusion on my part.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 10:59:49 AM »
Here is a sample of how a client has decided to use Visibility states with Sheet Set Values embedded in their title block.  BEWARE the 'feature' that setting the "Lock Position" to on will cause the Attributes to become invisible; and not in a good way.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=7586586&linkID=9240817
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 12:00:40 PM »
i just realized when looking through here that this thread was hijacked by a wipeout discussion. this was meant to be for blocks only urrrrgrh

whdjr

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 10:49:17 AM »
i just realized when looking through here that this thread was hijacked by a wipeout discussion. this was meant to be for blocks only urrrrgrh

Dude, you started the thread 2 years ago and you just now realized it got hijacked..... :lmao:

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »
well i stopped paying much attention to it because once again there was very little participation. This place used to be very productive but nowadays I see more discussions about what music people are listening to than anything cad related  :roll:

Josh Nieman

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 07:51:20 PM »
well i stopped paying much attention to it because once again there was very little participation. This place used to be very productive but nowadays I see more discussions about what music people are listening to than anything cad related  :roll:

Or what new vehicle someone is driving.

Maybe you aren't looking hard enough?  Or... in the right forum... you get outside of Lagniappe, right?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 10:43:46 AM »
This place used to be very productive but nowadays I see more discussions about what music people are listening to than anything cad related  :roll:

I feel the same way Dan...

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 10:55:56 AM »

hmmmm, perhaps you might be able to steer or stimulate the thread towards more active discussion.....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »
How do you force the wipeout to the back?  I keep going into Bedit and sending to back, but as soon as I save, it comes back to the front.  Do you have to draw the wipeout first?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

daron

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »
draworder and when you go in to update them, use regen. It should set it right.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 12:43:50 PM »
Try setting the draworder when are not in the BE mode; where you see just the lines not the dynamics stuff. 
But then again I have separate files for my blocks
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans