Author Topic: Dynamic block examples  (Read 21346 times)

ELOQUINTET

Dynamic block examples
« on: August 11, 2005, 03:31:53 PM »
here are a couple dynamic blocks i've been developing. these are section details of our standard shade assemblies. the first is our standard bracket and housing. then the second is the tube and shade assembly which inserts onto the bracket. tell me what you think

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/dan/mecho%205%20standard%20bracket%20assemblies.dwg?nossi=1

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/dan/std%201.204%20tube%20and%20shade.dwg?nossi=1

Birdy

Re: Dynamic block examples
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 02:31:40 PM »
Here's one of my favorites.  Combines a wipeout with our elevation & section marks.  Used in paperspace. I've never seen anyone do this before, but.... Section/Elevation marks

I did kinda get carried away with the polygonal wipeout.  I'd make them with a lot fewer sides.  Someday I'll fix it in our template file.

Note: you may have to adjust the draw order (bring to front).

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 02:52:12 PM »
Here's one of my favorites.  Combines a wipeout with our elevation & section marks.  Used in paperspace. I've never seen anyone do this before, but.... Section/Elevation marks

I did kinda get carried away with the polygonal wipeout.  I'd make them with a lot fewer sides.  Someday I'll fix it in our template file.

If your are refering to wipeout in tag, I use them.  I just don't use the Section Marks as DBs.  There is nothing worse (to me) than having a line run thru a peice of text. 

I love wipe outs and really starting to using them heavily.  The one that I love is using a wipe out with window elevation block and then inserting them on a building elevations. It is easier to hatch an elevation by turning off window.  And even sweeter window changes in size or location.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Josh Nieman

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 02:57:58 PM »

If your are refering to wipeout in tag, I use them.  I just don't use the Section Marks as DBs.  There is nothing worse (to me) than having a line run thru a peice of text. 

I love wipe outs and really starting to using them heavily.  The one that I love is using a wipe out with window elevation block and then inserting them on a building elevations. It is easier to hatch an elevation by turning off window.  And even sweeter window changes in size or location.

I would suggest that you use "background mask" in mtext objects and dimensions rather than wipeouts, to avoid lines going through text.  Saves for when you forget to turn tframes off, as well as sometimes some printers/plotters/pdf-creators like to make solid black fills where the wipeouts are.

Birdy

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 03:02:31 PM »
cool.  then there's at least 2 of us :)
I'm sure there's more.  Back in the day, (previous CAD manager) we used to put these over our elevations in MS, and trim stuff out.  :ugly:

Man, I hated that!  It has since evolved into wipeouts, >paper space, and now, >dblocks.

Thanks Josh. Will check out your suggestion.

Never had any problems with lines going through text though.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 03:03:32 PM »
I would suggest that you use "background mask" in mtext objects and dimensions rather than wipeouts, to avoid lines going through text.  Saves for when you forget to turn tframes off, as well as sometimes some printers/plotters/pdf-creators like to make solid black fills where the wipeouts are.
Background Mask only works in Mtext and Dimensions not in blocks (or attributes) 
Unless this has changed (i am really hoping that it has)
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Josh Nieman

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 03:06:26 PM »
Background Mask only works in Mtext and Dimensions not in blocks (or attributes) 
Unless this has changed (i am really hoping that it has)

I knew it didn't work with attributes (much to my dismay)

It does work if it is an mtext object within a block though

whdjr

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 03:53:09 PM »

Can you repost as a '06 version.  I converted the one you posted but none of the DBs worked.

Birdy

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 04:27:49 PM »
apparently not. (?) unless I'm having a brain freeze.
we used this in '06, but I can (now) only save to '07 or '04... which of course, wont be dynamic.
mebbe someone with '06 will step up?....anyone?.....anyone?....Bueller?

whdjr

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 04:34:40 PM »
sorry... :oops:...'04, '05, and '06 are the same formats.

Birdy

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 04:35:46 PM »
maybe this one? <crosses fingers>

whdjr

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »
That one worked.  Thanx

whdjr

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 05:01:31 PM »

Did you realize they added a 3rd option to the 'imageframe' variable?
Command line: imageframe

Enter image frame setting [0, 1, 2] <current>: Enter an option or press ENTER

0    Image frames are not displayed and not plotted.

1    Image frames are both displayed and plotted.

2    Image frames are displayed but not plotted.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 05:08:08 PM »

Did you realize they added a 3rd option to the 'imageframe' variable?
Command line: imageframe

Enter image frame setting [0, 1, 2] <current>: Enter an option or press ENTER

0    Image frames are not displayed and not plotted.

1    Image frames are both displayed and plotted.

2    Image frames are displayed but not plotted.

dude.  crap in a can, that's cool... I went to see if that was the same for "tframes' command... and it doesn't even list TFRAMES in the help file :-o  I'll just keep using imageframes from now on... that works for wipeouts too?  the help file seemed to insinuate that it's only for referenced images.

whdjr

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 05:14:52 PM »
dude.  crap in a can, that's cool... I went to see if that was the same for "tframes' command... and it doesn't even list TFRAMES in the help file :-o  I'll just keep using imageframes from now on... that works for wipeouts too?  the help file seemed to insinuate that it's only for referenced images.

uh... ^-^...as long as you keep the can...

TFRAMES is part of the Express Tools.  It controls the system var 'imageframe'.  All TFRAMES does is turn the frame either on or off.  In order to get the third option you have to issue the imageframe command at the command line.