CAD Forums > Dynamic Blocks

How inserting user-defined parameter in Dynamic Block as field attribute works?

<< < (3/3)

Daniel J. Ellis:

--- Quote from: ahankhah on February 27, 2021, 01:26:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: Daniel J. Ellis on February 25, 2021, 05:02:32 AM ---I think you'll find it easier to use a piece of text with a field value than with an attribute (I say this from my own experience).

If you want to post your WIP block I'm sure I or someone else will be able to take a look for you.

dJE

--- End quote ---
One more comment...

When inserting TEXT or MTEXT, there is no any way to insert (or refer to) variables defined within the block, it is just possible in ATTDEF.

--- End quote ---

It works through fields. When you send post your sample block I’ll show you.

dJE

ahankhah:
Here is the block and definitions about parameters and attributes.

I am fully astonished understanding the behavior of AutoCAD to use them in Dynamic Blocks.

I draw a table in Excel showing the parameters and attributes and their values. It is enclosed too.

ahankhah:

--- Quote from: Daniel J. Ellis on February 27, 2021, 03:11:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: ahankhah on February 27, 2021, 01:26:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: Daniel J. Ellis on February 25, 2021, 05:02:32 AM ---I think you'll find it easier to use a piece of text with a field value than with an attribute (I say this from my own experience).

If you want to post your WIP block I'm sure I or someone else will be able to take a look for you.

dJE

--- End quote ---
One more comment...

When inserting TEXT or MTEXT, there is no any way to insert (or refer to) variables defined within the block, it is just possible in ATTDEF.

--- End quote ---

It works through fields. When you send post your sample block I’ll show you.

dJE

--- End quote ---

Daniel, I posted the block.

Daniel J. Ellis:
I've downloaded it, thank you.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve.  What is the finished block going to look like?

Could you post an example of what the block will look like when it's done - obviously use text instead of the attributes and fields.  Will there be one of this block in a drawing, or many instances?

dJE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version