CAD Forums > Dynamic Blocks

How inserting user-defined parameter in Dynamic Block as field attribute works?

(1/3) > >>

ahankhah:
 Hi all,

I defined a dynamic block containing some user defined parameters.

When iserting attributes, I define one of parameters as a field, but after closing the Block Editor and inserting the block, it show  just the word "UserVariable" instead of real value of the parameter.

Does anyone know what is going wrong and where I am making a mistake?

I appreciate any help.

Daniel J. Ellis:
I think you'll find it easier to use a piece of text with a field value than with an attribute (I say this from my own experience).

If you want to post your WIP block I'm sure I or someone else will be able to take a look for you.

dJE

tombu:
It should work if it was created in that drawing.

If an object and a text or attribute with a field referencing it were inserted into another drawing the field's link would be broken since the object and it's ID would be different in the new drawing.

If you were to make multiple copies of an object with a field referencing it all the fields would reference the original object and it that object was deleted it would break the reference to all the copied fields.

ahankhah:

--- Quote from: Daniel J. Ellis on February 25, 2021, 05:02:32 AM ---I think you'll find it easier to use a piece of text with a field value than with an attribute (I say this from my own experience).

If you want to post your WIP block I'm sure I or someone else will be able to take a look for you.

dJE

--- End quote ---

Daniel, thank you for your reply. I will send the file as soon as possible, when I am at work. (In my country, Iran Friday is weekend.)

ahankhah:

--- Quote from: tombu on February 25, 2021, 10:30:34 AM ---It should work if it was created in that drawing.

If an object and a text or attribute with a field referencing it were inserted into another drawing the field's link would be broken since the object and it's ID would be different in the new drawing.

If you were to make multiple copies of an object with a field referencing it all the fields would reference the original object and it that object was deleted it would break the reference to all the copied fields.

--- End quote ---

tombu, I defined the block whithin this drawing. But I will do all the job in a new bare drawing to see if it will be well done or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version