Author Topic: BAK files  (Read 3701 times)

morpheus

• Mosquito
BAK files
« on: November 05, 2023, 07:10:38 PM »
Hey, i want all the .bak files to be nested in one folder, i tried using the 'movebak' command, but it seems to only apply to the drawing you're currently working on, i want all drawings i work on to automatically move their respective .bak files to a separate folder i choose

Peter2

• Swamp Rat
Re: BAK files
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 04:18:22 AM »
Maybe you could ask in one of the "coding-forums" here (Lisp, .net), or you are trying an external software, e.g. made with https://www.autohotkey.com/
Peter

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German (so some technical terms will be badly retranslated to English)
BricsCAD V23

dexus

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 05:14:39 AM »
Movebak should be persistent from when it is set. Are you sure the .bak files that are in the wrong location aren't from before changing it or maybe from colleagues?

57gmc

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 11:09:13 AM »
I can confirm that MOVEBAK is a global command. It applies to all dwgs that YOU work on. Others may not have MOVEBAK set. If you want the whole office to standardize, you could add the command to acad.lsp. I have code that monitors the folder specified by the MOVEBAK command and deletes files older than the specified period.