Author Topic: Modify block's attributes in diferent layouts  (Read 3738 times)

clotho

Modify block's attributes in diferent layouts
« on: January 08, 2017, 07:04:27 AM »
Hi every body,

I have a multiple autocad files and each one has several layouts. One of the blocks which has some attributes must be modified and I would like to do it through excel.

Is it possible to have a list of dwg filed, their paths and the modified attributes in an excel file and with one command it can oprn files modify attributed and close files.

Thanks for any help.

Yosso

• Newt
Re: Modify block's attributes in diferent layouts
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 05:51:38 PM »
Hi every body,

I have a multiple autocad files and each one has several layouts. One of the blocks which has some attributes must be modified and I would like to do it through excel.

Is it possible to have a list of dwg filed, their paths and the modified attributes in an excel file and with one command it can oprn files modify attributed and close files.

Thanks for any help.

There's a spreadsheet posted on the AUGI forums which would be a great starting point for your project.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?86113-VBA-and-ObjectDbx-AutoCAD-to-Excel-Attribute-Extraction-Tool&p=1155098#post1155098

Post #35 has a link for the Workbook.

You have to do some massaging for Dynamic blocks and for the most current version of ACAD, but otherwise it's nice solution.

I've also attached a workbook that I've been trying to get to work.  I"m having some difficulty with embedded raster images, but for the most part it works.

Currently it's setup for ACAD 2017.

Good luck!