Author Topic: Use of fields in attributes in Dynamic Blocks  (Read 5307 times)

Cuddles

Use of fields in attributes in Dynamic Blocks
« on: August 20, 2015, 09:42:26 PM »
Hello to all,

Been awhile since i was last here, but hopefully some of you can help.

The Situation as follows:
I have a bolt, say M12, which comes in various lengths, say 10 lengths. Each available length of this bolt has an individual part number associated with it. Therefore, an M12 bolt, which comes in 10 different lengths, each length with its own part number.

The result i would like:
Instead of having individual blocks of this bolt (there would be 10 off in this example), I would like to have these legnths altogether in one dynamic block, which, when a length of this M12 bolt is selected, the appropriate part number is shown. Hopefully the above made sense.

So, I have used fields in dynamic blocks in the past (rather simple) and all successfully. However, this approach i have described above is a little beyond me.

Does anyone here have any idea how to go about this???

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Cuddles.

Cuddles

Re: Use of fields in attributes in Dynamic Blocks
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 10:21:11 PM »
Hello to all who read,

Silly me but I've just solved my own problem. However, if you have anything to add - examples or information for others, please feel free to add below.

Cheers,
CUddles

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 05:10:26 AM »
Maybe you can describe how you solved this.

One thing I can think of is using Visibility States and in each State you show a text with the bolt types. No need for fields.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 01:15:56 PM »
It's quite simple, just use a property look up table and input the required dimensions based on vis-state or length and have it output the part number associated with it.