Author Topic: Rename Xref DWG from acad  (Read 1723 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Rename Xref DWG from acad
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:15:27 AM »
I am copying project data with a sheetset to a new folder. All xrefs are relative. So I can open them up without a problem and they did not loose their path. However, the xrefs are still named with the old job name.

Can I be able to select an xref, be prompted for its file name; change it which would then change the file name and the xref name in the drawing?

I know I can detach and reattach but there are some layers that are on / off. I would hate having to re attach them and go thru all the layer management stuff.

Thanks for any help.
Civil3D 2020

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: Rename Xref DWG from acad
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
In the program description, it's written that it's compatible with Xrefs too...

http://www.lee-mac.com/copyblock.html

HTH
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »
Just checked it and it seems that it fails with Xrefs... Sorry... I only have the code for replacement of xrefs, but not for renaming...

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 11:25:09 AM »
Just tried and it worked...

Here is what I did...

I had DWG that contained xrefs... I typed "RENAME" command and selected Block in dialog box... Then I searched for XREF name I wanted to be renamed and typed new name... Then I go to root where are saved my Xrefs and copied old named Xref with new name... Then back in CAD I typed "XREF" command and there I found newly named Xref... I clicked on it and scroll down to see saved path... It was written old named *.dwg... If it's relative path, or no path, just replace old name with new name .dwg... And if it's full path, you can click on icon on right for browse and then click on new *.dwg in folder it was saved (created)... And that's it... This should work, so no need for LISP...

HTH, M.R.

M.R. on Youtube

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »
Sweet! Thank you!
Civil3D 2020