Author Topic: how to get tabbed dialog boxes  (Read 9314 times)

curmudgeon

• Newt
how to get tabbed dialog boxes
« on: July 25, 2012, 03:11:34 PM »
the plot dialog has two tabs. others have more.
I look through the Autocad directories, and the routines with tabbed dialog boxes do NOT have dcl files.
I think they are arx files, which do me no good to study.

anyone have some source code I can look at?

thanks.
Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
Re: how to get tabbed dialog boxes
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 03:38:36 PM »
For tabbed dialogs in AutoLISP, you have to use OpenDCL (http://www.opendcl.com). Take a look at the Misc sample. Just install OpenDCL Studio, start AutoCAD, enter the OPENDCL command to start the OpenDCL Runtime, then APPLOAD _masterdemo.lsp from the "%Program Files%\OpenDCL Studio\ENU\Samples" folder to load the samples. Click on the Misc button to start the Misc sample.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »
The functionality of tabbed dialogs can be achieved through standard DCL, though one must imitate the tab using an appropriately styled image_button tile and use multiple dialog definitions for each tab pane. The amount of work required to accomplish the effect is most probably not worth it, but I just thought I'd let you know that it was possible  :-)

curmudgeon

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »
I have been out for a few days, thanks for the replies.
I expected (the content of) both replies. Yes, I do want to stay within standard DCL - but I could hope.

Lee, FYI, with your helpful examples I have written dialog boxes that can be repositioned, can be dismissed to get points on screen, and with edit boxes that recalculate contents of all relevant edit boxes on the page. Pretty much everything I really needed. Fancy would just be icing on my cake.

I think I am getting "there", and I also think I owe you a beer.
Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 08:44:25 AM »
Lee, FYI, with your helpful examples I have written dialog boxes that can be repositioned, can be dismissed to get points on screen, and with edit boxes that recalculate contents of all relevant edit boxes on the page. Pretty much everything I really needed. Fancy would just be icing on my cake.

I think I am getting "there", and I also think I owe you a beer.

Thanks curmudgeon, that's great to hear that my examples have helped and inspired you with your programs  :-)