Author Topic: global attribute edit???  (Read 10516 times)

Trev

global attribute edit???
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 06:32:44 PM »
eloquintet
I have made it do as your request.
provided I understad correctly. :)
ie: 10 blocks on dwg with an attribute value
a, b, c, d, e   2 blocks are identical.
search for block with attribute value 'c' change it to 'h' & leave all others as is.
I'll start adding the other suggestions of Daron's today.

ELOQUINTET

global attribute edit???
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 08:32:59 AM »
sounds like youmay be on the right path trev but let me ask you the question i keep bringing up. if i need to change the detail number and sheet number what happens to other occurances of the block which may have one or the other value. i'll give a complete example. i have a block called detail with two attributes detail number and sheet number. the detail number is 5 on sheet A3. ok i have to move the detail to 1 on A4. i edit the block. my question is what happens to the occurances such as 5 on A4 would that change to 1 on A4. and what about detail 4 on sheet A3 would that change to 4 on A4. maybe i'm rambling on about something that you've already figured out i don't know. thanks guys

dan

Trev

global attribute edit???
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 08:57:05 AM »
Yep thats the examples I have been testing on.
(I was using section arrows ie: Section A on dwg M1  very much the same)So I'm in the ball park.

What I am doing to over come that is using a find feature that will zoom to the block/attribute in question where you can select replace or go to next, this basically will loop through all the blocks in the selection set. In your case a block called 'detail' which you will have highlighted in a block list on the form or you have an option to select a block from the screen.
So as it loops from one block to the next you click 'replace' and that will update just the one item then go to next. (the same way you do a search and replace in any text editor) This might be a bit of a pain if you had heaps of blocks with the same value but only wish to replace a couple of them.
I also have a replace all option, which will replace all attribute values as your eg:A3 to A4
(I credit the above ideas to Daron)

I still have a little tidy up work on it, I have the forms all done. All I need to do now is just fix up the loop through each block to replace item one at a time.

I like this program if I do say so myself.   8)
I hope to post gatte.dvb version 2  (Global Attribute Edit)
tommorow night.

Trev

global attribute edit???
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2003, 09:44:13 AM »
hmmm nearly there.
sorry for the delay.

ELOQUINTET

global attribute edit???
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2003, 09:51:01 AM »
okie dokie take your time trev no big deal

dan

Trev