Author Topic: Problem Dynamic Block?  (Read 3881 times)

Skint Subby

• Newt
Problem Dynamic Block?
« on: April 21, 2011, 03:21:36 AM »
Hi.

I've attached a block I was creating. And it seems to work as desired. (It's just a continuation arrow with attribute mtext, a stretch dim, some constraints and 2 visibility settings.)

However...whatever drawing I place this block in, I get an error message when I shut that drawing down.

If you open the drawing / block (no other dwg files open) then you can open the file and save it, close it, then open other drawings etc... works as desired  :-)

If you have a drawing file open. Then open the drawing containing the block, after you shut down that drawing. You can't save or work on any other drawing files without doing the ctrl-alt delete to shut AutoCAD down. You just get the error "drawing1 (or any other) has a command in progress, Hit enter to cancel or {Retry}" however you are just stuck in an error loop from then on.

Could someone please check the block out and confirm if they get the same error? (to rule out any company specific set-up issue) or have a look at the block and verify if there is any basic error that is making AutoCAD fall over? :x

Just to be clear if you are trying this block, don't have any drawings open that you wouldn't want to ctrl-alt-delete to close. I've been testing it just using the basic drawing1.dwg etc as test files.

Also for reference this was created on AutoCAD 2010 Map 3D

I also posted this in the Autodesk discussion forums, so apologies for cross posting.

Thanks for looking

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Problem Dynamic Block?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:40:55 AM »
I don't have any issues opening/saving/closing this drawing and/or other drawings. Tested in C3D2010. have you applied any service packs available for Map?

Skint Subby

• Newt
Re: Problem Dynamic Block?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 02:34:59 AM »
Thanks for testing Jeff....

It turns out it was ArcGIS that was the problem. Un-install it and everything works fine!

Mark