Author Topic: unreconciled layers  (Read 7557 times)

drizzt

unreconciled layers
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:39:28 AM »
What is the deal with unreconciled layers. What does that mean. I haven't noticed any data loss... but still what the #@$@$ is it and why?

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: unreconciled layers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »
From the Help file...

Unreconciled layers are new layers that have been added to the drawing and have not yet been acknowledged by the user and manually marked as reconciled.

Reconciling new layers is the process of manually reviewing new layers so that you can avoid potential errors before plotting your drawing or when restoring a layer state.

Unreconciled layers are new layers that have been added to the drawing or to attached xrefs since the layer list was last evaluated. The layer list is checked for new layers when a command, such as PLOT is used. In new drawings, the layer baseline is created when the drawing is saved or plotted for the first time. When a new drawing is first saved, the layer baseline is created, and all layers present in the saved drawing are considered reconciled (not new). Layers that are added after a drawing is first saved are considered new unreconciled layers.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

drizzt

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 10:05:26 AM »
Thanks.

I guess I need to learn to check the help file first....

dfarris75

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:55:43 AM »
i just set LAYERNOTIFY to 0 and don't worry about it. to me it's just another autodesk nuisance.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:10:52 PM »
i just set LAYERNOTIFY to 0 and don't worry about it. to me it's just another autodesk nuisance.
same here.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

drizzt

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 12:14:28 PM »
it does seem like a nuisance to me. I will give that a shot.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 12:15:03 PM »
same here.
Could not have said it better myself.  
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

drizzt

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 12:15:25 PM »
is it turning off any other notifications... wait, I don't remember ever seeing any other notices.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 12:17:10 PM »
is it turning off any other notifications... wait, I don't remember ever seeing any other notices.
Yes...

the one that says....Get Back to Work!   :lmao:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

drizzt

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »
No work to get to... waiting on .... buerocracy.. :-(

Funny thing is I looked in the help file to see the various settings for layernotify. Mine was set to 15, and there is no 15 in the list in the help file...

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »

Funny thing is I looked in the help file to see the various settings for layernotify. Mine was set to 15, and there is no 15 in the list in the help file...
:lmao:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BuckoAk

• Newt
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 12:50:38 PM »
You have to look outside the box on some of these settings, In a single user situation this can be distracting but beneficial at times.
But in an office with 30+ Cad users working in different disciplines, having this notification pop up can be a life save on the stress level when it's time to submitt drawings to the clients.
Example: we have submittable stages; 35, 65, 95 & Final, you've printed your drawings for these stages and extra stuff is now showing up you didn't want in your drawing.
So now you have to go back and re-open your drawings and freeze these layers then reprint, with this notification on it will save you from this hassle.
And this is like wise to the other disciplines I work with, after I educated the other users on this setting and how beneficial it is to use they like it just as much.

BuckoAk

• Newt
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 01:01:23 PM »

Just an FYI.
This setting is a Bitcode, the 15 stands for notificaiton for: Plot + Open + Load/Reload/Attach for xrefs + Restore Layer States
Add the numbers up for which notifications you want the setting to look for.

drizzt

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »
Thanks guys

Lots of usefull information.

I think I will, in fact leave it set to notify on plot. That is a good point about the plotting. Believe it or not, the new company I am working for didn't use xrefs till I got here, which will make it even more helpful

reno

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 10:44:13 PM »
i agree with BuckoAk, leave it on and use it as intended. ever have layers magically show up at plot time? those are unreconciled layers.