Author Topic: Resampling After Extending Alignment  (Read 1909 times)

dfarris75

Resampling After Extending Alignment
« on: June 03, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »
I can't seem to figure this out...

I created an alignment, profile, and profile view. Then I extended the alignment by edit alignment geometry > convert lines and arcs and selecting the new lines and arcs that were added. Now I want to update my profile so it also extends to the end of the alignment. Can I resample the profile so it extends to the end or do I have to delete said profile and recreate it to run the full length of the alignment?

I also notice when I look in the alignment properties it did not update the station at the end to reflect the added segments.... :?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 04:05:17 PM by rustysilo »

dfarris75

Re: Resampling After Extending Alignment
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 04:25:29 PM »
Strange. If I use the "convert lines and arcs" button to add to the alignment it doesn't properly update the alignment stationing and profile, however, if I add the entities by other means, "add fixed curve - 3 points" in this instance, it works just fine. Just another glitch I guess.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »
When adding segments, using the convert lines & arcs option, to an existing alignment, make sure they are drawn from the end of the alignment, in the same direction as the alignment, then select them in the correct order....from downstation segment to upstation segment. This usually works, but I have seen it fail once or twice. In those situations, I redrew the lines & arcs and then it worked.

dfarris75

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 11:50:17 PM »
Gotcha. Thought I had created them in such a manner, but perhaps I did not. Thanks for the tip!