Author Topic: Trying to reproject in Autocad map 3d drives me mad.  (Read 2133 times)

Dilip Damle

Trying to reproject in Autocad map 3d drives me mad.
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:09:20 AM »
Hello to everyone,

I am new to AutocadMap 3d 2010

I am not new to Autocad (since 1992)

Have done a lot of reprojecting via Import export in Autocad map 2007 and earlier versions sucsessfully.

But this version (Autocad Civil3d 2010) drives me MAD

I tried attaching a Shape file (admin98 world map) and tried reprojecting no sucsess.
TRied creating a grid of 1degree X 1 degree and tried, no sucsess.

any  clues , are there any bugs?

I do not know, if "Global Mapper" and "ARCMap" can be so user friendly even for a new User why should Autocad Map be other wise for an experienced user?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Trying to reproject in Autocad map 3d drives me mad.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »
first STEP

be sure to go to the Settings Tab of your Workspace...and Right Click on the Drawing Name...Go into Drawing Settings, and SET the units and Zone  the shape file is in
Now go attach your shape file
In the Import window, click in the Data field.
In the Attribute Data dialog box, select Create Object Data from Attribute Data and select the fields that you want written to the object data table.
Click OK to close all dialog boxes and import the file.

and SAVE as.....

Next Step

Start a NEW drawing; go to the Settings Tab of your Workspace...and Right Click on the Drawing Name...Go into Drawing Settings, and SET the units and Zone  you want to work in....

Next Step

Attach the file you just saved as in the step above....as a source....
Run a basic ALL query...with Alter Properties enabled to add Labels from the Attribute  data in the Shape file to the active Map drawing....Execute that Query.....and have a nice day....

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:19:12 PM by Spawn »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/