Author Topic: AfraLISP v2.0 Launches  (Read 10168 times)

wizman

• Bull Frog
Re: AfraLISP v2.0 Launches
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 03:01:56 PM »
Thanks for maintaining Afralisp.  New design looks Good, also I've just noticed the tip of the day section, a rss feed perhaps might be a good addition or i just missed it.

Another good idea. Currently I only have 13 tips in the system - I need to do more but I will add an RSS feed when there are enough tips to justify one.

Perhaps I need a section where people can contribute tips?

That's good idea also for people to contribute their tips and any additional info about a topic. 

Kenny Ramage

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 06:36:14 AM »
The site looks great Dave, although I do notice a lack of beer cans lying around.  :-(

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 06:37:54 AM »
Hi Kenny.  Nice to see ya.  What have you been up to?

CADTutor

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 06:56:50 AM »
The site looks great Dave, although I do notice a lack of beer cans lying around.  :-(

Well, you know what it's like when you move into a new place - you like to keep it clean and tidy but then over time you don't see the odd pizza box left in the corner and beer cans under the table. I'm sure the site will start to look more "lived in" as time goes by. Of course, the old pad is still there if you ever feel homesick.  :-)

Glad you like it - it's amazing to think all that material is still really useful all these years later - it's a testament to your hard work.

Hope all is well with you.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 09:27:40 AM »
Hey Kenny, Good to see ya again. How's it going?
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Kenny Ramage

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 10:23:35 AM »
I'm still involved with drafting but more from a management point of view.
Even if I did want to do a wee bit of coding, I don't think I'd have the time.
After moving down from Namibia to Cape Town, South Africa, the pace of work has stepped up a lot, and I've got my recording studio that also keeps me very busy.
In fact, if you're interested in listen to some of my music, pop along here :
http://www.behindthemountain.co.za/TheCave.htm
You will find a few songs of my own, as well as songs from a few other people that I've recorded.
Hey, there's even a few vids.
======
On a different note (excuse the pun,) anyone any idea how I can get hold of Randall?
======
Oh, and if anyone is in this part of the world for the soccer World Cup, please feel free to drop me a line and we could get together for a beer or ten.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 10:30:04 AM »
Thats good your keeping busy. Gawd knows how much trouble you would get yourself into if you weren't.

> Randall
No idea. He dropped off the face of the internet and i dont think anyone has seen him since.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 04:51:10 PM »
Thats good your keeping busy. Gawd knows how much trouble you would get yourself into if you weren't.

> Randall
No idea. He dropped off the face of the internet and i dont think anyone has seen him since.
I kept in touch with Randall for about a year after the BIG day, and then POOF be Gone!  I haven't seen or heard from him since.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 05:00:51 PM »
That sux. He was super smart.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 02:05:43 AM »
I don't watch soccer much, but I would be interested in the beer part, especially with the divine lisp master. 

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 02:28:34 AM »
I don't watch soccer much, but I would be interested in the beer part, especially with the divine lisp master. 
x2
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 10:33:59 AM »
Oh, and if anyone is in this part of the world for the soccer World Cup, please feel free to drop me a line and we could get together for a beer or ten.

Don't think I'll be making it that way, but if you make it to Chicago, drinks on me  :evil:

deegeecees

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 11:14:18 AM »
Just got word of this!

I've used AfraLisp many many times as a resource for Lisp, and VBA back when I did mostly programming for CAD efficiency. Now, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are Kenny. Not a whole lotta time for it. But I always appreciated the way AfraLisp was laid out, and the tutorials always had a laid back approach with a sense of humor to them. Preserving the site may turn out to be a blessing for some people, me included.

Listening to your music now...

Great stuff Kenny!

adalea03

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 11:16:41 AM »
If there was an autolisp "hall of fame", Afralisp and its conributors should certainly be inductees, as well as the Swamp and its contributors.
Thank you Cadtutor, Kenny, Randall, Stig, Mark...(the list goes on and on, but those of us that would tip our hat (or glass) know who they are.
With equal respect to the acomplished leaders at other sites.
The lessons you've taught apply in many ways to our lives; Your example encourages us to share, teach and and be patient.
Gone is the way of the shrine, but it doesn't seem enough to just say it, so a special thanks Cadtutor for for keeping Afralisp alive and well.
Like the Swamp "if you build it, they will..."

Tony

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »
Nice refreshing look and conception website.
All link tested work perfectly.
It is clear for all user, nice color choice and good server.

some questions..
I didn't see any sample of ODBC with DBconnect. Is there any ?
Is the website will allow user to share there routines ?

again,...nice website and tank you for maintenance.

cheers.
Keep smile...