Author Topic: Hatch For Demolition  (Read 5115 times)

M-dub

Hatch For Demolition
« on: May 12, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
Someone here is trying to change a standard that has been in place for ... ever ( ? )

Just curious what everyone in here uses.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Hatch For Demolition
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »
ANSI131 is our standard although some clients require a hidden linetype with a heavy lineweight, instead.
CAD Tech

James Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 01:01:32 PM »
ANSI31, shaded, over everything.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:32:41 PM »
Everything demo'd = dark, hidden2 lines.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

Kate M

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 02:08:29 PM »
To indicate areas, screened DOTS hatch. To indicate items, grey HIDDEN2 lines. (Or ---//---//--- for steel/wood beams.)

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 08:00:28 AM »
Surely if its a company standard, then it should be used no matter what....

I know, I know... company standards dont apply to everyone in your company ;)
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

M-dub

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »
Here's a quick example of what's going on here...

The guy who wants to change the 'standard' works for a contractor and is proposing this change under the recommendation from an engineer who also works for that contractor.  Apparently, this engineer got all confused when he saw a demo version of one of our P&ID's.  This P&ID also had an abandoned line on it and 'back in the day' (which was a Wednesday, btw) they decided to use the same (or similar) hatch style to show that something was abandoned out in the field.

Personally, having done work for a couple dozen clients in my 13 years in this field, I've never seen any other convention used to show demolition and see no reason to change.  Especially since we're talking about maybe a dozen or so drawings that have abandoned pipes, etc.  I would rather see the DOT2 linetype used to show abandoned, but really... it shouldn't be an issue, as everything being marked for demo is in a cloud, anyway.

:roll:

Mountain from a molehill...

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 02:08:46 PM »
Meh - its flow sheets, I've seen it done all ways, from the single hatch to double hatch to grey-scale to line types.  People end up doing whatever they want in the end anyways, plus they usually get pawned off on the juniors who don't know any better in the first place.  Its one of the drawing types where you can regularly find different "standards" even in the same drawing.

If the job/client standards say use the single hatch for demolition, thats what gets used.  If nothing is set up for abandoned-in-place, then something needs to be established for that.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}