Author Topic: Since we are tweaking 2009 how about the System/Performance Settings  (Read 1360 times)

sourdough

• Bull Frog
Hi
    While doing the setup for all our computers we have done due dilligence on setting up with some
basics. One thing I have never had much guidance on because I could find no real advantage one way
or the other was in Options/System/Performance Settings/Manuel Tune and what to set. We have all Nvidia Quadro FX 1700
w/ 512M onboard. So, I did these settings, and just wonder what the heck anybody else does with these settings.
I have 3 options of which I used the nvgl9.hdi because the 3D isn't used much at all. I haven't had much luck with the Direct X one.
So, here is a snap of my settings. Anybody care to share anyother settings they feel make there setup to be
Optimal?

See attachment

Thanks in advance

MJP
MIke
LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit

sinc

Re: Since we are tweaking 2009 how about the System/Performance Settings
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:54:01 PM »
Here's my current settings.

It's on Vista 64, though, and the DirectX seems to work much better there.  I only have a 9600GTS (1GB DDR3), which I think is selling for around $120 now, but it works awesomely.  3D-Orbits are quite smooth.

I think I disabled the Texture compression for a reason, but I forget now.  Ah well, it seems to be working quite well with these settings.

On our XP systems, we've been using OpenGL drivers, because the DirectX seem to behave at least 10x worse.  With OpenGL on Quadro FX1500s, we've gotten performance almost comparable to what I get on my Vista + 9600GTS.  But I haven't installed the latest performance drivers yet for the Quadros - I've been meaning to do that, just haven't gotten that round tuit yet.