Author Topic: Viewports  (Read 7115 times)

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Viewports
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 12:02:05 PM »
I'll ask this in the hope that I get a quick answer. We all know what acad help is like....i've spent the last 10 minutes trying to find the answer there.

Is it possible to convert a rectangular viewport to a polygonal viewport? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

I'm just in a lazy mood today, and don't feel like drawing a polygonal viewport to replace a rectangular viewport and setting it all up.  :evil:

*blows whistle*  TIME OUT!!  You don't need LSP to do this.

All you have to do is create a pline in the shape of the viewport you want, then click on the existing viewport, right-click, select CLIP VIEWPORT then select the pline you just drew.  The new polygonal viewport will maintain the same layer settings.

Pretty simple...unless I'm missing something.   :?
...my question is what command does this run?

VPCLIP   :kewl:
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: Viewports
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 12:42:11 PM »
I'll ask this in the hope that I get a quick answer. We all know what acad help is like....i've spent the last 10 minutes trying to find the answer there.

Is it possible to convert a rectangular viewport to a polygonal viewport? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

I'm just in a lazy mood today, and don't feel like drawing a polygonal viewport to replace a rectangular viewport and setting it all up.  :evil:

*blows whistle*  TIME OUT!!  You don't need LSP to do this.

All you have to do is create a pline in the shape of the viewport you want, then click on the existing viewport, right-click, select CLIP VIEWPORT then select the pline you just drew.  The new polygonal viewport will maintain the same layer settings.

Pretty simple...unless I'm missing something.   :?
...my question is what command does this run?

VPCLIP   :kewl:
Nice.... thanks!
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.