Author Topic: Can Autolisp be used in any of the desktop series? (like Architectural Desktop)  (Read 8272 times)

DMSS1

Does anyone know if Autolisp can be used in any of the desktop series (mainly Architectural Desktop)?

Thanks!

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Sure it can!

DMSS1

Any special mods needed?
Or anything to load to get Autolisp routines to run?
Are they just "load & run" like regular Autocad?

Thanks!

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
ADT is based on regular Autocad. Some routines MAY not work as expected with ADT objects. But they still load & run the same way.

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
If your planning on creating / editing OMF objects, i.e. walls, doors, etc., I've found it's best to use the very basic vlax-get / vlax-put functions.

Code: [Select]
(vlax-get wallObject 'height)
(vlax-put wallObject 'height 84)

I've imported type Libraries in the past and one function I wish "vanilla" activeX had was the 'has method.  You can check and see if a collection has a certain member - which is nice.

If you create an instance of a collection, i.e. 'wallStyles, it's best to release it as soon as possible (vlax-release-object).

I've had mixed results when working with OMF objects and ActiveX.  I tend to stay away from that now.

Oh, and if you use ObjectDBX for importing styles, beware: some additional attributes, such as property data, materials, etc., don't get imported cleanly.  If your attempting this I can expand on the problems and some possible fixes if you want.
James Buzbee
Windows 8