Author Topic: Layout creation tool  (Read 16661 times)

kaefer

Re: Layout creation tool
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 12:59:56 PM »
Hi folks,

It's me and my zombie thread again.  :lol:

Hi Alex,

can't help you there(1) - anyway, was your January visualization by any chance from http://www.graphviz.org ?  I've found that with saveas in SVG format and (mis-)using Visio to convert the output to an acceptable DWG it's a pretty cool tool.

(1)Your static GetBlockReferenceIds replacement method seems pretty innocent, are you sure that you are always avoiding the pitfalls of BlockTableRecord.GetBlockReferenceIds? I.e. it may return ObjectIds where IsEffectivelyErased == true, or calling it with directonly != true so that parent objects of nested blocks are included?

vegbruiser

Re: Layout creation tool
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »
Hi folks,

It's me and my zombie thread again.  :lol:

Hi Alex,

can't help you there(1) - anyway, was your January visualization by any chance from http://www.graphviz.org ?  I've found that with saveas in SVG format and (mis-)using Visio to convert the output to an acceptable DWG it's a pretty cool tool.

(1)Your static GetBlockReferenceIds replacement method seems pretty innocent, are you sure that you are always avoiding the pitfalls of BlockTableRecord.GetBlockReferenceIds? I.e. it may return ObjectIds where IsEffectivelyErased == true, or calling it with directonly != true so that parent objects of nested blocks are included?

:?

It seems the problem stems from my having AutoCAD Mechanical installed. If I run the code from within VS, it automatically starts AutoCAD Mechanical - which means the code fails.

If I run the code from regular AutoCAD, i.e. not within the Dev. environment, it runs as designed.

Does anybody know how to force AutoCAD to start normally without the Mechanical crap - I talked to Kean Walmsley about it and he said to copy the command-line switches from the AutoCAD shortcut to the Debug page, but when I look at  the shortcut for AutoCAD there are none, yet the Mechanical shortcut has "  /p <<ACADMPP>>"

EDIT: Perhaps I could just use "/p"?? You can indeed use "/p" in the Command Line Arguments box on the Debug page.

And yes, the visualization was from Graphviz - it's pretty cool.  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:32:37 AM by vegbruiser »