Author Topic: Problems keeping drawings from changing?  (Read 10420 times)

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
Re: Problems keeping drawings from changing?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 12:43:02 AM »
When we issue a drawing, we bind any x-refs, copy the drawing to a "issued" folder, and then make the issued file a read only file. It may not be the best way of doing it, but it works for us :)
We also follow this route.

Basically it is between revisions. PDF's wont really do everything i need, we use them for some things but they wont plot using accxes tools correctly on our plotter when making sets.

Have you tried DWF?
Soli Deo Gloria | Qui Audet Adipiscitur
Windows 8  64-bit Enterprise | Civil 3D 2015 and 2016| ArcGIS 10.1
Yogi Berra : "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

mikeg

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 11:34:53 AM »
Haven't tried it yet thank you for the idea and i will look into DWF's.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 12:03:11 PM »
We use a ploting routine for plotting all drawings, each sheet will have specific layers that display and those that don't. We have instituted in the plotting a method that sets the proper layers, scales etc. before the plot is sent.

I learned long ago that I, and others I work with, are lazy ... face it, people tend to look for the simplest most effective means to an end, if it means cutting corners, then people cut corners .. often times unaware of the problems they are creating for themselves and others. Enter automation ... with a click of a single button and pointing to the project folder, I (we) can have a complete set of plotted documents on any of our various plotters and/or paper sizes or create a PDF set to email to the client, builder or other neccessary entity. The folks I work with have determined it is easier to comply and be able to just click to plot, that to not comply and have to do everything manually and take 10 times as long.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie