Author Topic: C3D vs Vanilla 2009  (Read 1572 times)

SomeCallMeDave

C3D vs Vanilla 2009
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:06:56 AM »
Are there any functional differences between 'Civil3D 2009 as AutoCad'  and a plain vanilla installation of v2009?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: C3D vs Vanilla 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 09:56:10 AM »
In theory NO.

What function are you concerned with losing?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

SomeCallMeDave

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »
Michael,
Thanks for the reply.

Its not so much a question of losing a specific function at this time.  My situation is thus:  I am a one-man shop.  I have a single seat license of vanilla Autocad v2007 that is not on subscription.  I also had a single seat of LDD which I have since cross-graded to C3D.  That license is on subscription.

My question is, since I only need one seat  but  don't want to 'be behind' in vanilla Autocad or the civil vertical,  is there any need to upgrade my vanilla subscription or will my C3D subscription keep me 'up to date' with all vanilla functionality  (future file format changes, CUI/ribbon changes, future API's etc).

I know it is difficult to forecast what Autodesk might do,  but I would appreciate opinions.

Thanks,
David

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 11:01:08 AM »
For all practical purposes the answer would be yes. However; this suggests that should your intention be to run some other third party application with, on, or inside of the As Autocad version you need test doing so on a machine running ONLY C3D and your third party application. Do this in DEMO mode at the very least to verify that this other application will reside in the As Autocad version with no loss of functionality, or other undesired effects.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

SomeCallMeDave

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 11:43:41 AM »
Thanks for the input Michael