Author Topic: Looking for a few Autocad 3d users for test  (Read 4751 times)

t-bear

Re: Looking for a few Autocad 3d users for test
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 01:14:36 PM »
Man, somehow I missed this way back in April!  You still looking for someone to break this?  All my modeling is 3D in vanilla 2K4........with a few "tweaks".....

jnieman

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 01:31:38 PM »
I'm not sure how often he checks the Swamp, but he's always responded to email very promptly.

It's been released in full version, no longer beta, but you can always just try the demo, it's not time-period based but limits the number of objects you can modify at a time (4) instead.

t-bear

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »
Well, I just D/L'd the demo....this is a gotta-have!  WOW!  We do tons of structural steel drafting here in 2K4 vanilla.  This will save literally hours of drafting time per project!  Soon as the "Dark Lords" arrive, I'll be getting authorization for purchase.  If not, I'll buy it for myself!

A real beauty Jason!

t-bear

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 05:22:49 PM »
Well, I've only been using this for two days and I don't know how I've lived without it!  I have engineers here who love to make "just a little change" on my project...sometimes 2-3 times a day.  I've knocked off AT LEAST 20 minutes today alone.  Thanks again!

jnieman

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 05:32:11 PM »
I know the feeling man... Just used it to modify a platform set on wide flange columns, about 20 columns total, probably.  Simply put it on elevation view, stretched the whole thing down... wah-lah!

No more solidedit->F->M(or E) on each one, copying to replace the others
No more slicing to shorten a column then moving the rest
No more messing with the elusive Presspull, trying to find the right view that'll let you pick the right face, hoping other objects don't get in the way...

simply... stretch the platform down/up... done.  Two clicks, a base point, and another click or distance for the stretch... cake.

Top autocad addition ever.