Author Topic: Surface Contour Label Group object (line)  (Read 3178 times)

dfarris75

Surface Contour Label Group object (line)
« on: December 13, 2007, 10:28:18 AM »
I am looking to turn the display of the line in my contour labels off and having trouble. In the help file is says:
Note The line that is used to place the contour labels is a custom object called the Surface Contour Label Group object. The defaut layer for this object is set on the Object Layers tab of the Drawing Settings dialog box.

I go to the Object Layers tab in the Drawing Settings dialog and I do not see this. :x Thus far I haven't found it in my label styles or anywhere else. I know someone here knows. Please advise.

dfarris75

Re: Surface Contour Label Group object (line)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 10:33:59 AM »
I notice there is a setting under the Surface Feature Settings for this, but when I turn the display to false it is still showing...

dfarris75

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 10:37:09 AM »
And now I see in the Surface Style > Summary Tab there is a place to set the layer. I set it to a non plotting layer, but it still remains. Whose tail am I chasing here?

dfarris75

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 10:38:35 AM »
I can turn the display off in the properties box if I click the label line, but...

dfarris75

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 10:56:12 AM »
OK, so after changing the style(s) for the label line it is not dynamic so the ones already created won't change, but the newly created ones will be properly defined based on the style(s). It baffles me that you can set this variable in so many places.
So much for having a consistent interface. The lack of intuitiveness is beyond alarming. Or maybe I'm juthed nawt that smawt.

sinc

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 12:18:41 PM »
This is one of those things where version is important...

Are you using 2008?  This line no longer should have a special layer in 2008...  If you need to change the display of all of them, easiest way is to pick one, then right-click and do "Select Similar", then change whatever you want to change in the Properties window.

But 2007 was quite different...

sinc

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 12:24:18 PM »
Ah, and I see where that layer setting is still in the Summary tab.

That's an error, and it no longer does anything.  Autodesk has actually made a similar error in several places.  For example, there's still a Layer setting in the Summary tab for Point Groups.