Author Topic: ( acad 2006 vanilla ) dynamic block & hatch  (Read 21282 times)

daron

Re: ( acad 2006 vanilla ) dynamic block & hatch
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »
Mark, I know I keep harping on this, but what's the reasoning behind using the polar parameter for your stretch action? I'm only asking to help improve understanding of what, when and how to use different parameters. As I see the use of your application, the polar parameter in this case is about as good as using the point parameter, which are totally useless because the have no restraints. The nice thing about restraints is that if you want to stretch an object perpendicular to a line, you can snap it using any osnap setting and it won't snap in the wrong place. Very useful for speed and accuracy. Also, what Q just said about setting a distance param. You get really strange results sometimes if you don't.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2007, 01:55:56 PM »
Mark, I know I keep harping on this, but what's the reasoning behind using the polar parameter for your stretch action?

It's all new to me Daron ... in other words I just picked the one that looked right. One of the reasons I started a thread about that block so we/I could learn better techniques.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

daron

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2007, 02:07:06 PM »
Well, that's what I was hoping; that you were in a learn this thing mode. With you last comment in mind, you shouldn't feel 3 pixels tall. It's all a learning experience and dynablocks can get confusing at first, because there are about 100 ways to move or stretch something. The last place I worked, the guy there in charge of the cad standards used point parameters often. It drove me nuts.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2007, 02:18:49 PM »
I just changed my original to use "Linear Stretch" and you're right, it's much better. Thanks folks!! :-)
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)